Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1076)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The advantage of bare root crapemyrtlesBeginning spring of 2018, Walters Gardens are adding a #1 Grade bare root size for all of their Crapemyrtle varieties. Similar to the advantages of bare root Hibiscus, this new size for Crapemyrtles finishes twice as fast as a 20ct plug, producing a fuller container with easier inputs.
One of their premium bare root Crapemyrtles will finish off a 2-gal container in about 6-8 weeks as a nice foliage plant, with flowers appearing at 10-12 weeks. Comparatively, a 72ct plug will finish a 1-gal container in 10-12 weeks as a smaller plant. The larger bare root size will finish earlier and fuller.
It is important to note that Crapemyrtles are a heat loving plant and benefit from a warm growing environment. They grow best under the more natural conditions of late spring or early summer, but growers looking to force their crop early can still get a great plant with supplemental light and a 68-74° F greenhouse.
For more information:
1992 96th Avenue
P.O. Box 137
Zeeland, MI 49464
Phone: 888-WALTERS (888-925-8377) or 616-772-4697
Fax: 800-752-1879 or 616-772-5803
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.