Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (736)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (1)
- Good opportunities to cultivate orchids in India (3)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The advantage of bare root crapemyrtlesBeginning spring of 2018, Walters Gardens are adding a #1 Grade bare root size for all of their Crapemyrtle varieties. Similar to the advantages of bare root Hibiscus, this new size for Crapemyrtles finishes twice as fast as a 20ct plug, producing a fuller container with easier inputs.
One of their premium bare root Crapemyrtles will finish off a 2-gal container in about 6-8 weeks as a nice foliage plant, with flowers appearing at 10-12 weeks. Comparatively, a 72ct plug will finish a 1-gal container in 10-12 weeks as a smaller plant. The larger bare root size will finish earlier and fuller.
It is important to note that Crapemyrtles are a heat loving plant and benefit from a warm growing environment. They grow best under the more natural conditions of late spring or early summer, but growers looking to force their crop early can still get a great plant with supplemental light and a 68-74° F greenhouse.
For more information:
1992 96th Avenue
P.O. Box 137
Zeeland, MI 49464
Phone: 888-WALTERS (888-925-8377) or 616-772-4697
Fax: 800-752-1879 or 616-772-5803
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.