Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Last commentsmore »
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (10)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (7)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (601)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (11)
- "Plum Power forever" (6)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Better shelf life, bigger and whiter flowers"
- US: Relief efforts underway for hurricane-impacted florists
- Best practices for commercial greenhouse construction projects
- Fresh Market Conference in Warsaw draws more international visitors
- Frans-Peter Dechering Commercial Director at Schoneveld Breeding
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The advantage of bare root crapemyrtlesBeginning spring of 2018, Walters Gardens are adding a #1 Grade bare root size for all of their Crapemyrtle varieties. Similar to the advantages of bare root Hibiscus, this new size for Crapemyrtles finishes twice as fast as a 20ct plug, producing a fuller container with easier inputs.
One of their premium bare root Crapemyrtles will finish off a 2-gal container in about 6-8 weeks as a nice foliage plant, with flowers appearing at 10-12 weeks. Comparatively, a 72ct plug will finish a 1-gal container in 10-12 weeks as a smaller plant. The larger bare root size will finish earlier and fuller.
It is important to note that Crapemyrtles are a heat loving plant and benefit from a warm growing environment. They grow best under the more natural conditions of late spring or early summer, but growers looking to force their crop early can still get a great plant with supplemental light and a 68-74° F greenhouse.
For more information:
1992 96th Avenue
P.O. Box 137
Zeeland, MI 49464
Phone: 888-WALTERS (888-925-8377) or 616-772-4697
Fax: 800-752-1879 or 616-772-5803
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.