Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Last commentsmore »
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam moves towards high-tech agricultureCau Dat Farm Da Lat, famed in the central highlands town of Da Lat since 1927, has applied IoT to its crops since mid-2016.
Though occupying a large land area, productivity at the farm has been quite low under traditional farming methods and an unpredictable climate.
It is, however, one of the first farms in Vietnam to apply IoT in its farming.
Mr. Pham Ngoc Anh Tung, former Director of Cau Dat Farm and founder of the startup Demeter, which introduced an IoT system at Cau Dat Farm, said that the reason why he decided to apply IoT at the farm is because it’s become common internationally.
Nine months after introducing IoT, the farm began to see positive signs, with flowers, green tea, and fruit and vegetables reaching productivity targets and being of high quality.
The IoT system Demeter introduced at Cau Dat Farm includes three main parts. The first one is called Connected Edge - hardware that controls tasks like pumps, irrigation systems, micro-climate control systems, drones, weather stations, camera systems, and sensor systems.
Data is connected and pre-handled through gateways before moving to the cloud.
The second part is storage, with the processing and analysis of data or turning data into insight on the cloud.
All data is arranged and analyzed in a secure environment. In the third part, all agriculture tasks are identified based on analyzed information and data.
Therefore, users can fully understand what their production status is.
Depending on the equipment, the system can provide information, actionable information, or even automated control and operations.
Read more at VietNamNet
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.