Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (728)
- Good opportunities to cultivate orchids in India (3)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
SMK unveils new name for Milieukeur: PlanetProofDuring the Anniversary Event on 11 May, SMK unveiled a new name – on the way to PlanetProof – that aims to internationalize the Milieukeur label for a whole range of plant-based products. This new name is available to label holders whose products comply with Milieukeur's standards. Trading companies and retailers can also apply for a certification to use the PlanetProof label.
The new name for Milieukeur makes it clear that sustainability is a continuous process of improvement, with the ultimate aim of ensuring that production is in harmony with the environment.
SMK expects this new name to be particularly popular among Dutch farmers and growers that look to produce and export more sustainably. Around 80% of the fruit, vegetables, ornamental flowers, and trees produced in the Netherlands is sold abroad. PlanetProof enables exporting farmers, growers, and trading houses to offer their customers added value.
PlanetProof is another name for Milieukeur, and both names will still exist side by side for the time being. As such, the applicable standards for the certificate will be identical and require additional efforts in production that reduce a company's environmental impact. These standards relate to fertilization, crop protection, water, energy, biodiversity, and other aspects. Fruit, vegetables, and ornamental products with the Milieukeur are increasingly in demand in Dutch supermarkets, with the share more sustainable products set to increase rapidly over the coming years. SMK has made arrangements to begin cooperating with GroentenFruit Huis in order to ensure this growth.
For more information:
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.