Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1080)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
SMK unveils new name for Milieukeur: PlanetProofDuring the Anniversary Event on 11 May, SMK unveiled a new name – on the way to PlanetProof – that aims to internationalize the Milieukeur label for a whole range of plant-based products. This new name is available to label holders whose products comply with Milieukeur's standards. Trading companies and retailers can also apply for a certification to use the PlanetProof label.
The new name for Milieukeur makes it clear that sustainability is a continuous process of improvement, with the ultimate aim of ensuring that production is in harmony with the environment.
SMK expects this new name to be particularly popular among Dutch farmers and growers that look to produce and export more sustainably. Around 80% of the fruit, vegetables, ornamental flowers, and trees produced in the Netherlands is sold abroad. PlanetProof enables exporting farmers, growers, and trading houses to offer their customers added value.
PlanetProof is another name for Milieukeur, and both names will still exist side by side for the time being. As such, the applicable standards for the certificate will be identical and require additional efforts in production that reduce a company's environmental impact. These standards relate to fertilization, crop protection, water, energy, biodiversity, and other aspects. Fruit, vegetables, and ornamental products with the Milieukeur are increasingly in demand in Dutch supermarkets, with the share more sustainable products set to increase rapidly over the coming years. SMK has made arrangements to begin cooperating with GroentenFruit Huis in order to ensure this growth.
For more information:
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.