Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager – US
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (440)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (3)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
- Cyberflora marks new era in digital trade fairs (1)
- Canada: Propagator Bevo Farms now offering Sedum Tiles (1)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
SMK unveils new name for Milieukeur: PlanetProofDuring the Anniversary Event on 11 May, SMK unveiled a new name – on the way to PlanetProof – that aims to internationalize the Milieukeur label for a whole range of plant-based products. This new name is available to label holders whose products comply with Milieukeur's standards. Trading companies and retailers can also apply for a certification to use the PlanetProof label.
The new name for Milieukeur makes it clear that sustainability is a continuous process of improvement, with the ultimate aim of ensuring that production is in harmony with the environment.
SMK expects this new name to be particularly popular among Dutch farmers and growers that look to produce and export more sustainably. Around 80% of the fruit, vegetables, ornamental flowers, and trees produced in the Netherlands is sold abroad. PlanetProof enables exporting farmers, growers, and trading houses to offer their customers added value.
PlanetProof is another name for Milieukeur, and both names will still exist side by side for the time being. As such, the applicable standards for the certificate will be identical and require additional efforts in production that reduce a company's environmental impact. These standards relate to fertilization, crop protection, water, energy, biodiversity, and other aspects. Fruit, vegetables, and ornamental products with the Milieukeur are increasingly in demand in Dutch supermarkets, with the share more sustainable products set to increase rapidly over the coming years. SMK has made arrangements to begin cooperating with GroentenFruit Huis in order to ensure this growth.
For more information:
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.