Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (736)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (1)
- Good opportunities to cultivate orchids in India (3)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Hoorn Bloommasters about global sourcingGlobal sourcing offers many benefits in worldwide trade for the buyers of Royal FloraHolland. Hoorn Bloommasters, a company from Aalsmeer that makes hand-tied bouquets, has been using it for years.
Peter van de Voort, Marketing Manager of Hoorn Bloommasters, obtains flowers for their bouquets from around the world. The company supplies mostly to European retailers, and guarantees that it has an international and varied supply on offer. To maintain this wide assortment of flowers, Hoorn Bloommasters needs to look in Africa or South America. "For example, we get roses and St John's wort from Africa."
Orders on time
In the public relations magazine GROW (May 6 edition), Peter indicated that he can ensure quality through global sourcing. "As a result, we can count on our orders being on time and of the right quality. This assurance is really wonderful. Global sourcing provides the eyes and ears on site. The staff of Royal FloraHolland keep in touch on site with our suppliers (the growers) over there."
Fixed prices and consistent quality
Peter stated that local contact is extremely handy because he works with pre-arranged deliveries to retailers. "You don't have that reassurance when relying only on the auction supply. We agree on fixed prices, volumes and quality with the supermarkets." Hoorn Bloommasters can uphold that guarantee. If a harvest goes wrong or the production is lower than expected, the company can contact the East Africa office directly. Because Hoorn Bloommasters conducts a lot of direct trade, it can guarantee buyers (customers) that they will obtain a consistently high-quality product all year round. In addition, global sourcing allows small orders to be supplied to buyers. "The assortment is supplemented with seasonal products from around the world, which is ideal."
Read the full article at Royal FloraHolland.
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.