Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Last commentsmore »
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (10)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (7)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (601)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (11)
- "Plum Power forever" (6)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Better shelf life, bigger and whiter flowers"
- US: Relief efforts underway for hurricane-impacted florists
- Best practices for commercial greenhouse construction projects
- Fresh Market Conference in Warsaw draws more international visitors
- Frans-Peter Dechering Commercial Director at Schoneveld Breeding
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chrysal Africa 12 years strong in East Africa‘Improve the quality of flowers exported out of East Africa.’ This has been the goal of Chrysal since they entered this part of the continent 12 years ago. Since the very beginning, they were exhibiting at the IFTEX, which has helped this company to be one of East Africa's largest suppliers of flower food and post-harvest treatment suppliers in East Africa. Also this year, Chrysal will be exhibiting at the IFTEX, which will be held from June 7-9 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Chrysal at the IFTEX 2016.
Chrysal at the IFTEX
"What started off as a small Horticultural show to demonstrate the quality of flowers grown within Kenya, five years ago; has now become one of the largest flower shows in the world. It allows the East African growers, to demonstrate their quality of cut flowers grown from this region to buyers from America, Europe, Asia and as far as Russia and Australia, showing their support for the great quality flowers available in Kenya. To this end, it allows for companies such as Chrysal to promote new products and to communicate to a large audience in a single concentrated event. The show has helped Chrysal to grow its clientele, and also help improve the quality of Flowers exported out of Kenya", says the East African team of Chrysal.
Chrysal in Kenya
Chrysal has been present in East Africa for 12 years now. Since 2005 Chrysal has been represented through a distributor channel selling Flower food out of Kenya and working closely with surrounding East African Countries. In a period of 5 years, Chrysal grew, thanks to the interest and support from the region's growers. This support and interest led to the decision for Chrysal to firmly plant its roots in Kenya and in 2009 Chrysal decided to start their own production and manufacturing plant based in Nairobi located 3 km from the capital's airport. Since 2010, Chrysal has grown steadily, to become a leading supplier of Flower Food and Post-Harvest Treatment Suppliers in East Africa; gaining the confidence of the growers, with its innovative and world leading Post-Harvest Treatments and Flower foods products supported by its teams and resources.
Not only has Chrysal become a well-known supplier of grower products, its Technicians are well respected in the industry and called upon to advise the growers on a number of issues from pollution control to product and process management. Though Chrysal is still considered a small multinational company, however we are now also present in Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania and have a continuously growing list of clientele in all countries.
Benefits of a joint Dutch/East African approach
"It is no exaggeration to state that both Chrysal and IFTEX have grown significantly together over the past five years, demonstrating the benefits of a joint Dutch/East African approach to ‘Nurturing the Beauty of Cut Flowers’ from the region."
Visit Chrysal Africa Ltd. at C2.05.
For more information:
1411 DD Naarden
T: +31 (0) 35 69 55 888
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.