Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (898)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (14)
- FlowersExpo’2017 and the Russian flower market (1)
- FloraHolland market information: less supply at Christmas (2)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (3)
- Japan: Cyclamen losing popularity as year-end gift (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (AL): Supplies down as flower growers switch to marijuanaAlabama flower shops were working overtime to get orders to moms for Mother's Day. However, florists say that this year it was harder to get flowers because of the rise of legal marijuana.
"In places where it's legal, a lot of our flower growers have gone to marijuana because it's more profitable. In fact, the biggest gerbera grower in the country has now shut down and gone strictly to marijuana," said LeNae Denson from Cleveland the Florist.
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.