Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1076)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Sunlight Supply empowers nationwide indoor gardening boom
One of the world's largest manufacturers of indoor grow lights is soon moving into their new 306,000 square foot headquarter facility. Sunlight Supply of Vancouver, Washington, is growing out of their premises as a result of the nationwide indoor gardening boom.
Sunlight Supply was created in 1995 when founder Craig Hargreaves took on a side job with sales of horticultural lighting to indoor grow hydro stores. Apparently he was very good at it, because before Hargreaves knew, one thing led to another and he became the president of an indoor gardening wholesale company that now employs roughly 500 people and distributes more than 5,500 SKUs all over the world.
"For us, innovation is a big thing. That is why we heavily invest in the development of new products such as grow lights", said Trey Carskadon, Director of Marketing at Sunlight Supply. According to him, their new 'World Headquarters' will enable the group to stay ahead of the curve and continue the development of new products and expansion of services. "We're investing in infrastructure and technology that 20 years ago would have been impossible, but today means we can deliver more testing, innovation and service."
Those services and products are related to anything that is required to grow crops indoors. From substrates, fertilizers and irrigation to climate control and of course a broad line of lighting products that are all developed in-house. For this purpose, the company owns a state-of-the-art sheet metal manufacturing and powder coating facility, and makes all of their lights and reflectors from scratch. "Whether LED, HID or HPS, we have a supplemental lighting solution available that meets any application or budget."
The lights from Sunlight Supply find their way to commercial greenhouse growers, indoor warehouse farmers, indoor gardening enthusiasts and even billion dollar biotechnology research companies and institutes. "The World Headquarters will enable us to strengthen our lighting portfolio. The new facility will have a number of rooms and grow spaces to research and develop new equipment and lights."
Sunlight Supply carries out extensive R&D programs as part of the manufacturing process of new dedicated supplemental lighting solutions.
Carskadon explained that the indoor gardening industry is growing rapidly. "Indoor gardening and organic farming is a big movement, and our company has definitely benefited from that. Especially Millennials with high social conscience are concerned about their food consumption. This has sprouted the development of indoor gardening and urban community farming."
Sunlight Supply delivers its products to the burgeoning hydroponics industry via a large network of distributors and resellers. "We sell exclusively to independent garden centers. While we have a dominant presence on the West Coast, we ship our products anywhere, from North America to Europe and even as far as Japan."
For more information:
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.