Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (664)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (22)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (22)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (13)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (22)
- "Plum Power forever" (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
- Sunflowers stand or fall with the weather (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Unique chance to start your African adventure
For Sale: 20 ha rose farm near Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
A 20 ha rose farm with 9ha under greenhouse is being offered for sale. It is in close proximity to Addis Ababa and has 20 ha extra land available of which the compensation is already paid. The farm, located on an altitude of approximately 2,100 meters, is in production and has established export markets in the Middle East and Europe.
At the moment, 12 varieties of roses, including 6 new varieties are being grown in a 9ha Azrom steel structure greenhouse (Israeli made). The greenhouse was established in 2011 and is equipped with a fully automated fertilization system.
On the existing 20 ha land, it is possible to expand the greenhouse by another 7 to 8 ha and enables the buyer to create a 16 to 17 ha greenhouse. On the remaining 3 ha, an unfurnished administration block, a finished 6 room guest house, three boreholes, two reservoirs, a cold store and pack house are established. The pack house, cold room and store are sufficient for 40 Htr.
The extra 20 ha land that is available adjoining the existing land, and of which the compensation is already paid, can be fully utilized as the pack house and cold store that is sufficient for 40 ha rose production.
Next to these fixed assets, a cold truck that can carry up to 500 boxes and a Toyota hilux pick up comes with the sale.
The Capital of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, is just a 30 kilometers from the farm, which is about a one hour drive by car.
For more information:
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.