Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Last commentsmore »
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
- Dümmen Orange and Koppert introduce IPM protocol (1)
- "Compact size is not enough; plants need to make a statement" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Improve water and nutrient management with Retain
RainSoil debuts new substrate enhancer at CultivateGrowers in North America can now rely on Retain substrate enhancer to help them with water- and nutrient management in a wide variety of crops.
“Retain is a dry-granular superabsorbent polymer additive intended for both water and nutrient retention and release in soil and soilless media,” explains Dr. Johann Buck, RainSoil’s Director of Sales and Product Development and Certified Crop Adviser (CCA). “Growers will see not only easier water- and nutrient management, but also an improvement in plant quality and health due to reduced stress on the plants.”
Retain can be mixed dry or pre-hydrated into soil and soilless media. It absorbs several times its volume in water and then slowly releases it into the soil as needed. This provides an even water and nutrient supply to the plants. An additional benefit is that Retain expands to several times its dry volume when in contact with water, which in turn helps aerate the growing media.
Derived from polyacrylate, lava rock, bentonite and silicates, Retain is pH neutral, non-toxic and harmless to the environment. It works well with both soil as well as soilless media. Retain is suitable for a wide range of uses, including hanging baskets, potted plants, bedding plants, gardens, trees and shrubs, lawns and hydroponics.
Retain is available in 50 pound bags and large, 1,500 pound totes for commercial use. Retail-ready packaging targeted at the home gardener will be available in a few months.
See Retain for yourself at Cultivate’17 booth 225. For more information on Retain or any of RainSoil’s products, call 702-966-5167 or visit www.RainSoil.com.
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.