Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (776)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kauser Indorewala, iSiS Biotechnoloy: "large demand for orchids but only few growers"
Good opportunities to cultivate orchids in IndiaIndia is a flower-oriented county; every special occasion requires flowers. Cut orchids are the best selling flowers in India and the dendrobium is one of the most popular variety. Even though India has all the potential to develop a successful orchid industry, many orchids are still being imported. But why? This is explained by Kauser Indorewala of iSiS Biotechnoloy.
"The market for the cultivation for orchids on a commercial scale is in the beginning stage," says Indorewala. Even though the country has advantageous climate zones for the cultivation of commercial dendrobium crops, only a small number of growers are doing it. What is holding them back? "First of all, there is still a lack of knowledge, proper plant material and techniques to grow high quality orchids on a commercial scale. Secondly, importing is considered the cheapest way to bring orchids to India. Finally, many growers of other crops do not even know that orchids can be grown in India without the use of a greenhouse. Near Mumbai and Nashik, for example, the climate is almost similar to the orchid's growing climate. Therefore only shade nets are needed, which reduces the costs," he says.
"No need to import"
According to Indorewala, the orchids should not be imported. "There is no need to import them." In 2012, Kauser Indorewala established iSiS Biotechnology. "We enable growers to cultivate orchids on a larger and commercial scale. We are one of the few companies in India that is able to supply indigenous tissue culture of orchids at the moment," he states. The company is established by people who have experiences in horti- and floriculture sector. Therefore, they are also able to assist growers from the cultivation process till the final sales realization of their produce.
The lab of iSiS Biotechnology
As well as orchids, iSiS Biotechnology also supplies banana and other ornamental and flowering plants. The 10.000sqft sized lab and the 20.000sqft sized greenhouse are able to produce 10 million plants on an annual basis. The greenhouse has two harding units that are equipped with modern techniques. "This greenhouse and the lab is state-of-the-art."
At the moment, iSiS Biotechnology supplies the Indian market. In the future, they are planning to expand, and are eager to enter the European or American market. In order to achieve this, they are looking for partners to form a joint venture with.
For more information
Other news in this sector:
RESTORATION CAME UPON MY LIFE WITH THE HELP OF FUNDING CIRCLE INC. AFTER BEEN DRAIN BY SCAMS ...
I'm Isabella Tyson from 1910 N Halsted St Unit 3, Chicago IL60614 USA,, i have been searching for a genuine loan company for the past few months and all i got was bunch of scams who made me to trust them and at the end of the day took my money without giving anything in return, all hope was lost i got confused and frustrated, i find it very difficult to feed my family and vowed never to have anything to do with loan companies on net and went to seek of assistance from a very good friend which i explained all my experience regarding online companies with and said he can help me that he knows of a Godsent and well known company called FUNDING CIRCLE PLC, he stated he just got a loan from them although i was still very unsure about this company due to my past experience but i decided to give it a try and did as i was directed by my friend and applied, i never believed but i tried and to my greatest surprise i received my loan in my bank account within 24 hours, i could not believe that i would stand on my feet financially again. I’m glad I took the risk and applied for the loan and today i'm thanking God that such loan companies still exist and promise to share the good news to people who are in need of financial assistance because the rate of scams on net is getting very serious and i don't want people to fall victim when we still have genuine and Godsent lenders.. You can contact this Godsent company using the information as stated and be a partaker of this great testimony.. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Call/Text +14067326622 thanks
Isabella Tyson, CA, USA - 11/25/2017 5:53:29 PM
Hi would like to touch base and understand how to start an orchid business in bangalore . Kindly share your thoughts and guidance for the same .
Regards vibhuti 9342138417
Vibhuti, Bangalore, India (email) - 11/21/2017 4:24:30 PM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.