Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (664)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (22)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (22)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (13)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (22)
- "Plum Power forever" (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
- Sunflowers stand or fall with the weather (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greenhouse manufacturers can't keep up with demand:
Photo Report Cultivate '17It wasn't easy, but hey, we made it! What? Well, our recap of a bigger than ever Cultivate '17 in Columbus, Ohio! The 30% increase of the trade show area made us run like crazy to get every exhibitor and supplier in the picture, resulting in one of our largest photo reports ever.
The North American greenhouse, nursery and landscaping industry once again gathered in Columbus, Ohio for the annual conference. After the traditional start with the Short Courses and Speaker Program on Saturday July 15, the renewed trade show exhibition area opened its doors on Sunday morning and lasted till Tuesday July 18.
Too much work
Held at the recently renovated Greater Columbus Convention Center, Cultivate '17 was jam-packed with more exhibitors than ever. The continuous growth is the U.S. greenhouse industry is well reflected in the increase of participating companies and visitors. Right after the opening on Sunday morning, the floor was filled with visitors searching for their suppliers.
Cultivate is always a good time of the year to reflect on recently build greenhouse projects and the overall state of the market. We draw the conclusion that there are a lot, many and even more things happening in the North American greenhouse industry.... the greenhouse manufacturers, builders and installers can hardly keep up with the demand. Some of the greenhouse constructors informed us that they could even not accept any new orders for 2018! Reasons: More demand for locally grown, the cannabis boom and similar developments in international markets.
In order to make you find your picture more easily, we have split the photo report in two, plus one separate report of the Flower Run.
Flowers and Plants:
Click here for the FloralDaily.com photo report with all of the breeders, growers, brokers, marketeers, packaging, seeds, shippers, supplies, garden centers, young plants and other companies related to flowers and plants.
Click here for the HortiDaily.com photo report with all of the greenhouse builders, technology, substrates, lights, supplies, fertilizers, media and other service suppliers.
Click here for pictures of the LuxFlora GIE FlowerRun on Sunday morning. The race was won by Josh Zielinski in a time of 17:44. Yours truly joined the team of Blackmore - Ellepot USA to complete the Sunday morning race at Columbus Scioto Park, finishing in a time of 21:55.
So Cultivate '17 is a wrap. But not for long; after our vacation we will be back with full reports and articles about projects, innovations and other news that we scooped at the trade show floor.
Looking for a free copy of your picture in high res too? Drop us an e-mail and you will hear from us after our vacation!
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.