Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greenhouse manufacturers can't keep up with demand:
Photo Report Cultivate '17It wasn't easy, but hey, we made it! What? Well, our recap of a bigger than ever Cultivate '17 in Columbus, Ohio! The 30% increase of the trade show area made us run like crazy to get every exhibitor and supplier in the picture, resulting in one of our largest photo reports ever.
The North American greenhouse, nursery and landscaping industry once again gathered in Columbus, Ohio for the annual conference. After the traditional start with the Short Courses and Speaker Program on Saturday July 15, the renewed trade show exhibition area opened its doors on Sunday morning and lasted till Tuesday July 18.
Too much work
Held at the recently renovated Greater Columbus Convention Center, Cultivate '17 was jam-packed with more exhibitors than ever. The continuous growth is the U.S. greenhouse industry is well reflected in the increase of participating companies and visitors. Right after the opening on Sunday morning, the floor was filled with visitors searching for their suppliers.
Cultivate is always a good time of the year to reflect on recently build greenhouse projects and the overall state of the market. We draw the conclusion that there are a lot, many and even more things happening in the North American greenhouse industry.... the greenhouse manufacturers, builders and installers can hardly keep up with the demand. Some of the greenhouse constructors informed us that they could even not accept any new orders for 2018! Reasons: More demand for locally grown, the cannabis boom and similar developments in international markets.
In order to make you find your picture more easily, we have split the photo report in two, plus one separate report of the Flower Run.
Flowers and Plants:
Click here for the FloralDaily.com photo report with all of the breeders, growers, brokers, marketeers, packaging, seeds, shippers, supplies, garden centers, young plants and other companies related to flowers and plants.
Click here for the HortiDaily.com photo report with all of the greenhouse builders, technology, substrates, lights, supplies, fertilizers, media and other service suppliers.
Click here for pictures of the LuxFlora GIE FlowerRun on Sunday morning. The race was won by Josh Zielinski in a time of 17:44. Yours truly joined the team of Blackmore - Ellepot USA to complete the Sunday morning race at Columbus Scioto Park, finishing in a time of 21:55.
So Cultivate '17 is a wrap. But not for long; after our vacation we will be back with full reports and articles about projects, innovations and other news that we scooped at the trade show floor.
Looking for a free copy of your picture in high res too? Drop us an e-mail and you will hear from us after our vacation!
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.