Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (666)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (22)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (22)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (13)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (22)
- "Plum Power forever" (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
- Sunflowers stand or fall with the weather (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Third edition of flower trials at Dalat HasfarmDalat Hasfarm has repeated its annual event in order to introduce the latest varieties of cut flowers & pot plants tested for both Domestic and Export markets.
The Dalat Hasfarm Flower Trials 2017 (June 29th, 30th) introduced hundreds of testing varieties to large groups of Vietnamese and international customers coming from Japan, China, Australia, Taiwan but also Korea, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Cambodia. The trials were related to Spray & Standard Chrysanthemums, Santini, Roses, Lilies, Pot plants and new colors of the famous “one-and-only” Calimero. Also, special attention and highlights were given to the range of Premium Roses that Dalat Hasfarm has recently launched. This range includes varieties selected for their amazing performance in terms of both vase life and resistance to botrytis, among them well-established performers such as Red Naomi and the Avalanche serie. Choosing “Innovation” as the main theme of the event, customers visiting the Flower Trials have been shown a number of innovating processes related to Production, Packing, Logistics, and Sales & Marketing.
The Asia-Pacific Calimero Cup 2017
Dalat Hasfarm is the exclusive grower of Calimero chrysanthemums in Asia and produces large numbers year-round. In 2016, Calimero has been elected Flower of the Year at the OTA auction, Tokyo, Japan. It was the first time that a Chrysanthemum and imported flower could receive this award. Ideal for floral arrangements (various colors, outstanding vase life), Calimero has become one of the most preferred flowers in the markets supplied by the Dalat Hasfarm. With the support of Hasfarm’s customers in Japan, China, Korea, and Vietnam, national floral contests were organized in 2016 and 2017. Each country has sent their Calimero Champion to Dalat in order to compete in the Grand Finale of the Asia-Pacific Calimero Cup. The four contestants were given various floral assignments and were evaluated by an international Grand Jury. After competing during two days, the Japanese contestant Ms. Rieko Matsushima was finally elected 1st Asia-Pacific Calimero Champion.
- 2nd place: Ms. Peng Lu Qing (China).
- 3rd place: Mr. Seog Jin Ryu (Korea).
- 4th place: Mr. Thai Nguyen (Vietnam).
Ms Rieko Matsushima (Japan)
Ms Peng Lu Qing (China)
Mr Seog Jin Ryu (Korea)
Mr. Thai Nguyen (Vietnam)
Mr. Aad Gordijn, General Director of Dalat Hasfarm, and the 1st Asia-Pacific Calimero Champion Ms Rieko Matsushima (Japan)
For more information:
Publication date: 8/7/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.