Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (775)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
15-17th August in Odense, Denmark
Flowertime: "Time for ornamental value and specialist focus"Besides presenting the latest news in potted plants, the organisers of Flowertime 2017 want to highlight a specialist focus on substrates and light sources when the various big plant and flower events in Odense are launched in August 2017.
At present, growers are met with new challenges and possibilities, from the consumers as well as from the legislation. Demands of a greener company profile, lower environmental impact, legal demands concerning removal of specific pesticides; all this without compromises in regard of the ornamental value and durability of the plants. Demands, which cause new challenges, when we discuss the improvement, the assortment and the production in the future.
Bjarne Nyholm Larsen, one of the organizers of Flowertime, tells:
”No matter if we are breeders or growers, we need to be ahead of the development when it comes to product assortment, technology, knowledge and trends, because it is the sum of our joint efforts that make a difference. During our busy working days, we mostly work individually, everybody in his own nursery.
Bjarne Nyholm Larsen (at the IPM Essen, Germany).
Flowertime is meant as an initiative that can gather qualified professionals, knowledge institutions and consultants, for the exchange of experiences and dialogue across our line of business. The purpose is to inspire each other and broaden our knowledge, together and individually. This year, with focus on substrates and light sources”.
Flowertime is the time for meeting across the value chain and for talking about the challenges and possibilities of tomorrow. Organized at the same time as the Odense Flower Festival, the ”Handelsplads” (trade centre) of the plant and flower business and numerous other interesting initiatives with plant and flower themes in and around Odense.
Organizers and Exhibitors
The nursery Råhøj, the nursery Henning Pedersen, the nursery Graff A/S, the nursery RosaDanica A/S, the nursery 3Kanten A/S and SUNNY ApS.
Flowertime is arranged with the participation of Pindstrup Mosebrug A/S, Senmatic A/S, Modiform, Plantpaper (Jesper Rosgaard) and Gartnerirådgivningen (the Danish consultancy organisation for plant and flower growers).
Time and Place
Grønnegyden 148 - DK-5270 Odense N.
For more information
Bjarne Nyholm Larsen
Phone: (+45) 6393 0033
Publication date: 8/7/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.