Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (666)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (22)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (22)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (13)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (22)
- "Plum Power forever" (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
- Sunflowers stand or fall with the weather (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The importance of a spotlessly clean greenhouse roofTopclear is the perfect cleaner for removing Sudlac Eclipse LD, Transpar, Optifuse and Optifuse IR coatings. With this product, the grower decides when to remove the coating. Simply spray on Topclear, leave it to wash off in the rain, and you’ll have a clean greenhouse roof that allows maximum light into the greenhouse. This is particularly important in the fall and winter to ensure optimum growth, quality and fruit setting.
Coatings are applied to the greenhouse roof in the spring in order to optimally control the amount of light entering the greenhouse. When the natural light levels drop in the fall, the crop needs to use all the available light. Cleaning with Topclear at that point ensures a clean roof with maximum light transmission. Using this product gives you complete control over when to remove your roof coating.
Spray on, rain off
Topclear is easy to apply and can be used on all types of greenhouses. To ensure the coating is properly removed, at least 240 liters (12 cans) of Topclear per hectare is required. When preparing the spray fluid, always dilute the product with clean tap or rainwater. The total amount of spray liquid needed for manual application is 2,000 liters (210 US gal), and for machine spraying 1,500 liters (160 US gal). It is recommended to wear protective clothing when spraying.
When applying the solution, the roof surface should be dry and the weather should be dry with a minimum temperature of 5°C (40°F), with rain expected within three days of spraying. No brushing is needed after a heavy rain shower and the roof – whether glass or polyethylene – will be left spotlessly clean. If it doesn’t rain or the rainfall is insufficient, it may be necessary to wash down the roof with a roof washer (at least 15 m3 water per hectare).
To avoid all potential risks, it is recommended to drain off the rinse water from the roof into flowing surface water. Make sure the outlet is below the water line to prevent foaming. The rinse water can be discharged into a rainwater reservoir but this is best avoided as it can cause the pH of the water to increase slightly and foam may form in the fertilizer tank.
To guarantee effective cleaning it is not recommended to combine Topclear with other cleaning products. Because the product is washed off by rain, the greenhouse roof is clean in one go, so there is no extra work brushing down or cleaning the roof afterwards and no risk of damaging the roof covering.
But the biggest advantage of using Topclear is that the grower no longer has to wait for the coating to wear off naturally; they have complete control over when to remove it.
For more information:
1441 EJ Purmerend
T + 31 (0)299 792 005
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.