Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (666)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (22)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (22)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (13)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (22)
- "Plum Power forever" (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
- Sunflowers stand or fall with the weather (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tesselaar highlights 'distinctively different plants'Amongst the various plant brand leaders in the Anthony Tesselaar stable is the Rock and Roll Alstroemeria. Its variegated foliage is striking enough but this is upstaged when it comes into flower.
Rock and Roll Alstroemeria is a completely different plant. The new young foliage surprises you with its perfect rosette shape that first starts off with a soft cream quickly turning to white, all the while framed by a rich green edge. Rich pink red flowers then appear above this startling foliage.
The plant is at home in either full or part sun in the garden.
Rock and Roll Alstroemeria is an attractive plant even without flowers which creates an extended window for retail sales.
Young plugs of these plants are available from either Rijnbeek & Son and All Plants who are the grower/distributors of these young plants in Europe. These plants are all produced in Tissue-Culture which ensures stable rooting and growing for production in the greenhouse.
Long flowering season
Anthony Tesselaar continues, “From experience in our major trial gardens, it shows attributes of day length neutral capability. We have seen this plant in full colour and flower during summer, autumn and even in our mild winters of around 5-10 deg C! It's not very often one could say the foliage of Alstroemeria is a show piece in its own right, but Rock & Roll does have this attraction.”
Tesselaar Plants continue to introduce distinctively different plants. Visit their stand (67) at Plantarium from August 23-26.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/8/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.