Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (775)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tesselaar highlights 'distinctively different plants'Amongst the various plant brand leaders in the Anthony Tesselaar stable is the Rock and Roll Alstroemeria. Its variegated foliage is striking enough but this is upstaged when it comes into flower.
Rock and Roll Alstroemeria is a completely different plant. The new young foliage surprises you with its perfect rosette shape that first starts off with a soft cream quickly turning to white, all the while framed by a rich green edge. Rich pink red flowers then appear above this startling foliage.
The plant is at home in either full or part sun in the garden.
Rock and Roll Alstroemeria is an attractive plant even without flowers which creates an extended window for retail sales.
Young plugs of these plants are available from either Rijnbeek & Son and All Plants who are the grower/distributors of these young plants in Europe. These plants are all produced in Tissue-Culture which ensures stable rooting and growing for production in the greenhouse.
Long flowering season
Anthony Tesselaar continues, “From experience in our major trial gardens, it shows attributes of day length neutral capability. We have seen this plant in full colour and flower during summer, autumn and even in our mild winters of around 5-10 deg C! It's not very often one could say the foliage of Alstroemeria is a show piece in its own right, but Rock & Roll does have this attraction.”
Tesselaar Plants continue to introduce distinctively different plants. Visit their stand (67) at Plantarium from August 23-26.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/8/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.