Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (775)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
August 24, Portland
US (OR): Mycorrhizal fungi expert Jeff Lowenfels to speak at FarwestThe 2017 Farwest Show, August 23-25, in Portland, OR, has invited mycorrhizal fungi authority Jeff Lowenfels to share his knowledge and insight on the subject as part of this year’s education program. Lowenfels’ seminar, ‘The Growers Guide to Mycorrhizal Fungi: You Better Learn This Stuff!’, takes place on Thursday, August 24, 9:45-10:45am, in Room B113-114.
Lowenfels is a contributing expert to the better understanding of the key role mychorrizal fungi has in relation with all terrestrial plants. His seminar will give greenhouse growers guidance and practices for utilizing mycorrhizal fungi in producing better plants. Lowenfels recently completed the last in Timber Press’ best selling Teaming Trilogy, Teaming with Fungi: The Organic Growers Guide to Mycorrhizae.
Lowenfels has been writing an award-winning garden column for the Anchorage Dispatch News for over forty years. He is the founder of Plant a Row for the Hungry, a program that encourages all gardeners to donate one row to feed the hungry. A popular national garden writer and leading proponent of gardening using the concepts of the soil food web, Lowenfels is the former president of the Garden Writers Association.
For complete information on Lowenfels’ presentation and all Education Seminars (registration required), free Mini-Sessions, and general information on Farwest 2017, visit www.FarwestShow.com.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.