Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
August 24, Portland
US (OR): Mycorrhizal fungi expert Jeff Lowenfels to speak at FarwestThe 2017 Farwest Show, August 23-25, in Portland, OR, has invited mycorrhizal fungi authority Jeff Lowenfels to share his knowledge and insight on the subject as part of this year’s education program. Lowenfels’ seminar, ‘The Growers Guide to Mycorrhizal Fungi: You Better Learn This Stuff!’, takes place on Thursday, August 24, 9:45-10:45am, in Room B113-114.
Lowenfels is a contributing expert to the better understanding of the key role mychorrizal fungi has in relation with all terrestrial plants. His seminar will give greenhouse growers guidance and practices for utilizing mycorrhizal fungi in producing better plants. Lowenfels recently completed the last in Timber Press’ best selling Teaming Trilogy, Teaming with Fungi: The Organic Growers Guide to Mycorrhizae.
Lowenfels has been writing an award-winning garden column for the Anchorage Dispatch News for over forty years. He is the founder of Plant a Row for the Hungry, a program that encourages all gardeners to donate one row to feed the hungry. A popular national garden writer and leading proponent of gardening using the concepts of the soil food web, Lowenfels is the former president of the Garden Writers Association.
For complete information on Lowenfels’ presentation and all Education Seminars (registration required), free Mini-Sessions, and general information on Farwest 2017, visit www.FarwestShow.com.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.