Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Last commentsmore »
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
- Dümmen Orange and Koppert introduce IPM protocol (1)
- "Compact size is not enough; plants need to make a statement" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fresh Market Conference 2017 adds indoor flowers and plants
New opportunity to expand markets in PolandIn many retail chains, the same people are responsible for purchasing fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers/plants. For this reason, the Fresh Market conference that was referred to the fresh fruit and vegetable branch only for the last 9 years, decided to expand their range of products with ornamentals. The conference will be held at the Mazurkas Hotel in Ożarów Mazowiecki in Warsaw, Poland, on September 21, 2017.
(Our colleagues of FreshPlaza.com attended the Fresh Market 2016 and made a photo report of the conference. Click here to view their photo report)
Even though, flowers and plants are often just a small part of retail business, Fresh Market has chosen to add this product category to their conference. "Increasingly more often, distributors requested to add this sector to the conference. On top of that, in the majority of the retail chains that are participating in Fresh Market 2017, there are the same purchase staff responsible for fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers too. So, we take it as an advantage to expand the Fresh Market Conference range with indoor plants and flowers", says Fresh Market's Project Manager Urszula Sałajczyk.
The Fresh Market conference has brought together the fruit and vegetable industry in practice over the last 9 years and is aiming to let the flower producers benefit too. In just one day, they can make business contacts, find new markets for their sales and exchange relevant information about the situation in the market and its regions. The conference enables them to meet 330 business professionals and 15 national and international retail chains. "It is the only place in Poland where 15 retail chains declared they want to meet face-to-face all producers and distributors of cut and pot flowers. The representatives of retail chains are always buyers who are responsible for flowers' purchase directly", adds Sałajczyk.
Several Polish flower growers already showed their interest to attend the conference. However, not only Polish ornamental producers can attend the conference, European too. The organization aims to attract over 80 European flower companies to the conference. "The entries are still open, so we do not have any fixed numbers yet. From experience we know that many companies sign up at the last moment after August 25, which is for many after the holidays."
Click here to find all the retail chains that are interested in purchasing flowers and attending the Fresh Market.
For more information
Fresh Market 2017
T: +48 603 811 818
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.