Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (953)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Royal FloraHolland: Final day Florists Clock NaaldwijkThe seats were quite empty at Royal FloraHolland's Florists Clock Naaldwijk, this morning, as we read on Twitter. Today, the clock in Naaldwijk ran for the last time.
Picture: Twitter @Sanders_Paul
Royal FloraHolland is noticing that the buyers from the Florists Clock Naaldwijk are purchasing almost entirely online. This is often creating an imbalance between supply and demand, which is irresponsible. That is why the Florists Clock will be closing sooner than was planned.
In 2014, the clock was established, a solution for the smaller growers and buyers, who could sell/buy local products. And they, according to them, could count on fair prices. They fear that this will become more difficult.
Image: Royal FloraHolland
According to Royal FloraHolland, this fear is unfounded: "The possibilities for digital and small-scale purchases at these marketplaces have been greatly improved", they said in an recent published statement. "We have made these platforms more accessible and cheaper to use and this allows the auction to offer an alternative to the Florists Clock."
The Florists clocks in Rijnsburg and Eelde still remain open.
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.