Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - Australia
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
- Production Manager - Australia
- Production Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (593)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (11)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (5)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (8)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (8)
- "Plum Power forever" (4)
- Netherlands: How flowers are being unpacked, prepared for the auction (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The world's most scented shrubOften described as the world's most scented shrub, Daphne Perfume Princess is recognised for its superior characteristics and performance. This plant was awarded Plant of the Year at the 2016 Nursery & Garden Industry awards in Australia, after its launch by Anthony Tesselaar Plants at the Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show in 2015.
Daphne Perfume Princess has taken more than 10 years to develop and was raised by New Zealand based plant breeder, Mark Jury.
'Perfume Princess' became a breeding success, and demonstrated both of the characteristics that Mark had hoped for: compact, shrubby foliage growth and heavy flowering. Plants reach a manageable 90-120cm and produce flowers between each leaf, double the size of those on usual D. odora varieties. Scent is improved too, with flowers offering an alluring fragrance with citrus undertones.
Ben Gregory is Product Development Manager at Hereford based Wyevale Nurseries. “Daphne ‘Perfume Princess’ has been a game changer for us at Wyevale Nurseries. ‘Perfume Princess’ is a superb grower: it is vigorous and branches well to create a very bushy potful with large, lush, deep coloured foliage.”
“It is also tolerant of a range of conditions and will take full sun, higher levels of moisture and responds very well to pruning. So far, we have had absolutely minimal losses. It is unlike any other Daphne we have grown in the past.”
Second commercial crop
“We were first introduced to this crop by Phillip Townshend from Anthony Tesselaar a number of years ago and we are now on our second commercial crop of the Daphne. We will have good numbers available for Spring 2018 and are continuing to bulk and build our offer in a wider number of formats and increased volumes.”
“We are also trialling and growing a number of other distinct Tesselaar introductions and look forward to doing more in the future.”
'Perfume Princess' produces tough plants, and each stem is literally dripping with potent blooms through spring. No wonder they often call Daphne the most fragrant shrub in the world!"
For more information:
Anthony Tesselaar International Pty Ltd
327 Monbulk Road,
SILVAN, Victoria 3795, Australia
T: +61 3 9737 9568
F: +61 3 9737 9899
Publication date: 8/16/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.