Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (974)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (31)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (6)
- "Building an orchid brand in a new market" (1)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
MPS introduces new uniform vignetteThe new uniform MPS-vignette was launched on August 23, during the 35th edition of Plantarium, the trade fair for arboriculture. The launch was organised in the stand of MPS, the leading global organisation for sustainability certification. The introduction of the MPS-vignette is supported by the launch of the interactive platform: www.followyourflowerorplant.com. Using a unique MPS-number mentioned on the uniform MPS-vignette, consumers can use the platform to trace the grower of their flowers or plants and find information about how sustainably their products were produced.
CEO MPS Yolande van den Boom introduces the new MPS vignette
Initiative and responsibility
Sustainability and transparency are important concepts in the flowers and ornamentals industry. As a leading player in sustainability certification, MPS has taken its responsibility by unifying the large number of MPS-vignettes and logos that are currently used by growers to show how sustainable their products are. In the past, MPS introduced various vignettes, but starting 23 August 2017, all MPS-ABC, MPS-GAP, MPS-SQ and MPS-Q(ualitree)-certified growers and growers who meet the requirements for MPS-ProductProof can use the uniform MPS vignette with a unique MPS number that provides consumers with insight into the grower’s sustainability certification.
One uniform MPS-vignette has replaced the many MPS vignettes and logos currently used in the flowers and ornamentals industry. Combined with the interactive platform, the new MPS-vignette contributes to creating more uniform product processing and labelling by MPS certified companies, as well as providing transparency to consumers. In addition, these two measures allow growers to show their consumers how sustainably their products are grown. The old logos may be used until the end of 2018. As of the 1st of January 2019 the old logos cannot be used anymore on products such as packing materials, plugs, etc. For more durable goods, such as trucks, the logos are still allowed the coming three years. After three years they have to be replaced.
Sustainable flowers and ornamentals sector
Sustainability is a status in which we live and produce, answering the needs of today, without putting at risk the ability of future generations to live and produce. Sustainability is a key theme in the green sector, to which the flowers and ornamentals industry belongs, and this sector in particular should be able to create more natural value than it consumes. Consumers are interested in sustainability and want to have quick and easy access to information regarding sustainability. With the uniform MPS-vignette and the interactive platform, MPS is making a substantial improvement to the accessibility of this information.
The flowers and ornamentals industry is an international sector and MPS is active in 46 countries. MPS tables and certificates are used by more than 3000 growers on 4300 production locations worldwide, which is why an English version of the uniform vignette is also available. An English version of the interactive platform will also be launched shortly. The international hyperlink is: www.followyourflowerorplant.com. The new uniform MPS vignette is available on the current website www.my-mps.com, for growers who meet all requirements. The website is available in three languages; Dutch, English and German.
For more information
+31 174 615715
Publication date: 8/29/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.