Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Australia: "Imported flowers carry pests that risk agriculture industries"
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
MPS introduces new uniform vignetteThe new uniform MPS-vignette was launched on August 23, during the 35th edition of Plantarium, the trade fair for arboriculture. The launch was organised in the stand of MPS, the leading global organisation for sustainability certification. The introduction of the MPS-vignette is supported by the launch of the interactive platform: www.followyourflowerorplant.com. Using a unique MPS-number mentioned on the uniform MPS-vignette, consumers can use the platform to trace the grower of their flowers or plants and find information about how sustainably their products were produced.
CEO MPS Yolande van den Boom introduces the new MPS vignette
Initiative and responsibility
Sustainability and transparency are important concepts in the flowers and ornamentals industry. As a leading player in sustainability certification, MPS has taken its responsibility by unifying the large number of MPS-vignettes and logos that are currently used by growers to show how sustainable their products are. In the past, MPS introduced various vignettes, but starting 23 August 2017, all MPS-ABC, MPS-GAP, MPS-SQ and MPS-Q(ualitree)-certified growers and growers who meet the requirements for MPS-ProductProof can use the uniform MPS vignette with a unique MPS number that provides consumers with insight into the grower’s sustainability certification.
One uniform MPS-vignette has replaced the many MPS vignettes and logos currently used in the flowers and ornamentals industry. Combined with the interactive platform, the new MPS-vignette contributes to creating more uniform product processing and labelling by MPS certified companies, as well as providing transparency to consumers. In addition, these two measures allow growers to show their consumers how sustainably their products are grown. The old logos may be used until the end of 2018. As of the 1st of January 2019 the old logos cannot be used anymore on products such as packing materials, plugs, etc. For more durable goods, such as trucks, the logos are still allowed the coming three years. After three years they have to be replaced.
Sustainable flowers and ornamentals sector
Sustainability is a status in which we live and produce, answering the needs of today, without putting at risk the ability of future generations to live and produce. Sustainability is a key theme in the green sector, to which the flowers and ornamentals industry belongs, and this sector in particular should be able to create more natural value than it consumes. Consumers are interested in sustainability and want to have quick and easy access to information regarding sustainability. With the uniform MPS-vignette and the interactive platform, MPS is making a substantial improvement to the accessibility of this information.
The flowers and ornamentals industry is an international sector and MPS is active in 46 countries. MPS tables and certificates are used by more than 3000 growers on 4300 production locations worldwide, which is why an English version of the uniform vignette is also available. An English version of the interactive platform will also be launched shortly. The international hyperlink is: www.followyourflowerorplant.com. The new uniform MPS vignette is available on the current website www.my-mps.com, for growers who meet all requirements. The website is available in three languages; Dutch, English and German.
For more information
+31 174 615715
Publication date: 8/29/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.