Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (840)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (8)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (3)
- Dalat is “Honor City” of HortEx Vietnam 2018 (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
C. Raker & Sons acquired by Roberta’s Unique GardensLast Friday, September 1, Roberta’s Unique Gardens (“Roberta’s”) of Waldron, Indiana and C. Raker & Sons, Inc. (“Raker”) of Litchfield, Michigan announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement for Roberta’s to acquire 100% of Raker’s business. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2017. The company is expected to retain the Raker name in some form.
Roberta’s grows and sells leading edge finished perennials and annuals that are suitable for garden and home through on-line and televised shopping channels. Raker is a leading national producer and wholesaler of young plants. Roberta’s has been a customer of Raker’s since 2011.
According to Eric Wallien, CEO of Roberta’s, “We’ve always had a great working relationship with the Raker team, and this opportunity was one that we felt was in the best interest of both parties.” The agreement enables Raker to enter the 2018 growing season with a healthy, restructured balance sheet, and renewed overall energy from its young and talented management team. Adds Wallien, “For our business at Roberta’s, we’re partnering with one of our main suppliers and gaining a great foothold in the young plant sector. We couldn’t be more excited.”
Susie Raker-Zimmerman, General Manager at Rakers added, “Eric and the Roberta’s team have been a growing part of our business over the years and the timing was right. The cultural fit is great, and our team is thrilled about this new partnership.”
For more information
Roberta’s Unique Gardens
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.