Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1175)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (38)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (17)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (3)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
C. Raker & Sons acquired by Roberta’s Unique GardensLast Friday, September 1, Roberta’s Unique Gardens (“Roberta’s”) of Waldron, Indiana and C. Raker & Sons, Inc. (“Raker”) of Litchfield, Michigan announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement for Roberta’s to acquire 100% of Raker’s business. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2017. The company is expected to retain the Raker name in some form.
Roberta’s grows and sells leading edge finished perennials and annuals that are suitable for garden and home through on-line and televised shopping channels. Raker is a leading national producer and wholesaler of young plants. Roberta’s has been a customer of Raker’s since 2011.
According to Eric Wallien, CEO of Roberta’s, “We’ve always had a great working relationship with the Raker team, and this opportunity was one that we felt was in the best interest of both parties.” The agreement enables Raker to enter the 2018 growing season with a healthy, restructured balance sheet, and renewed overall energy from its young and talented management team. Adds Wallien, “For our business at Roberta’s, we’re partnering with one of our main suppliers and gaining a great foothold in the young plant sector. We couldn’t be more excited.”
Susie Raker-Zimmerman, General Manager at Rakers added, “Eric and the Roberta’s team have been a growing part of our business over the years and the timing was right. The cultural fit is great, and our team is thrilled about this new partnership.”
For more information
Roberta’s Unique Gardens
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.