Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (674)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: The joy of plants takes over West Elm shop windowSeptember's Houseplant of the Month, Alocasia, is at West Elm. The joy of plants has taken over the storefront window with a display installed by Ian Drummond, showcasing all the varieties Alocasia has to offer, in London's trendy Fitzrovia.
Alocasia, a tropical superstar, will not only junglefy West elm's flagship store, but it also aims to inspire shoppers to consider plants as part of their interiors when shopping within West Elm's well known Brooklyn-style aesthetic. The plants will be displayed in the store's window rooms set, alongside West Elm's latest Autumn collections in West Elm's latest new season planters. Customers can help themselves to in-store leaflets available with care tips for Alocasia, and a reminder to visit Thejoyofplants.co.uk for the latest DIY tips, plant trends, and all-round information for the most popular houseplants.
Jungles and superstars
Ian Drummond, author of At Home with Plants and silver medal winner at this year's Chelsea Flower Show, has sourced a selection of top quality Alocasia plants in a wide range of Alocasia varieties: The ever popular Alocasia × amazonica , or 'Polly', Colocasia, also known as 'Giant Elephant Ear plant', Bambino Arrow with its distinctive, sharp leaves, and many more.
This partnership also shows how easy it is for retailers to get on board with the Houseplant of the Month campaign, and how to turn heads of shoppers passing by.
Houseplant of the Month at West Elm
Alocasia will be at west elm throughout the month of September. Every month until December, Thejoyofplants.co.uk will introduce a new houseplant to West Elm's customers: October will host a selection of 'Pure Green' plants with air-purifying qualities to inform shoppers of the benefits of plants in their homes, and advise on which plants are the most efficient for removing toxins from the air. Ironically, our selection of Pure Green plants will take stage on one of the city's most polluted streets, Tottenham Court Road.
In November, Cyclamen will be put on a pedestal, and in December the year will close with the festive Amaryllis by showcasing how to display this traditional Holiday plant with a modern twist.
For more information:
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.