Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1175)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (38)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (17)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (3)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Four Oaks Trade Show 2017 nearing the endThe Four Oaks Trade Show is on and today is already the final day of this two-day event. Over 400 companies are presenting their products and services at the 23 acre Four Oaks nursery site in Cheshire, UK. Currently 17,000 m2 is used for the exhibition.
Plants are the most prominent feature of the show, accounting for over 50% of exhibiting companies, with associated supplies and services from production to point-of-sale. Exhibits include a wide range of glasshouse equipment and machinery from seeders and handling equipment to fully automated transplanting systems. Over 40 percent of the exhibiting companies are from overseas.
The show is in full swing and exhibitors and visitors are posting photos on their social media pages. We made an overview of the pictures that were posted yesterday September 5 (the first day of the show) and today (September 6) to give you an impression of the show.
Today's social media posts:
"See you today at the Four Oaks show! Regards; Rob, Chris B., Chris C, Phil and Nick!" (Twitter page: Desch Plantpak)
"Come and visit us on stand D105 & 106 at Four Oaks today, we're here until 16:30!" (Twitter page: IML Labels & Systems)
"JCB are exhibiting at Four Oaks Trade Show, the UK's premier show for ornamental #horticulture. Last day today, come see us! Stand OP21+22." (Twitter page: JCBGeverifieerd )
"Hibiscus HIBISKISS Walberton's Rose Moon has won the best new variety award (hardy nursery stock) at the Four Oaks tradeshow!" (Twitter page: Graham Spencer)
"At the Four Oaks exhibition with my lovely customers" (Facebook page: Carolyn Hazel Bloor)
Day 2 at @FourOaksTS come and see us on stands B16&35 #newplants (Twitter page: Neil Alcock)
Yesterday's social media posts:
"come and visit us at Four Oaks Show stand E31! Amazing plants and a trip to France to win!" (Facebook page: Les Pépinières De France)
"Valoya LEDs in a Growstack at Four Oaks show in UK." (Twitter page: Rabbe Ringbom)
"Here is our lovely Elaine showing our wonderful Christmas range at the Four Oaks Show (...)." (Twitter page: Farplants)
Editor Simply Veg visiting #FourOaks it is all happening!! (Facebook page: Jennifer Brodie).
"Ready for action at Four Oaks! Our Sales Team are happy to help with any growing queries at Stand D94" (Twitter page: Hortifeeds)
"The coming days we are exhibiting at the Four Oaks (...)" (translated from Dutch) (Twitter page: Olsthoorn)
"Our team are at the Four Oaks Show today, you can find us on stall C51" (Twitter page: Copely Developments)
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.