Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1175)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (38)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (17)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (3)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: "Linking Russian florists to Dutch flowers"On August 12, Sobolj in Moscow received more than 70 Russian florists for a workshop. Led by trend-setting ornamental plants and interior-design experts, Dutch flowers were used to make beautiful flower arrangements. The flower arrangements were inspired by autumn and the 2 September highlights in the Russian flower trade: ‘Back to school’ and the FlowersExpo.
In the days and weeks afterwards, the effect of the workshop spread like wildfire on Russian social media, according to Sobolj. Through the workshop, Dutch flowers are promoted in an appealing way. The workshop is also used to generate beautiful imagery, which is widely distributed through social media. The flowers that were used for the flower arrangements are then promoted throughout the entire sales channel to increase their sales.
To start with the importer: for this project there is a collaboration with Flower of Macheliuk, one of Russia's major ornamental plant importers. This company has its own flower agency with PR and communications department, with which Sobolj works together. Macheliuk buys the Dutch flowers that are used in the flower arrangements in ample quantity in order to respond quickly to the demand that will arise. Anton Macheliuk, director/owner: "It's the first time that we’ve organized such a workshop. We see it as a contribution to the trend of flower arranging, while also showing our skills."
A glimpse of the workshop, you can view the video of the event here.
Source: Sobolj focuses on sales promotion for Dutch floriculture on the Russian market.
For more information, please contact Natasja Mironova (director):mail or by +31 (0)6 51 59 61 21
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.