Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - Australia
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
- Production Manager - Australia
- Production Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (593)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (11)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (5)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (8)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (8)
- "Plum Power forever" (4)
- Netherlands: How flowers are being unpacked, prepared for the auction (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
“Rooted in Success” October 4&5, Niagara Falls:
Canadian Greenhouse Conference announces broad speaker program
In collaboration with government, growers, educators and industry, the Canadian Greenhouse Conference has prepared a speaker program that addresses the challenges faced by today’s flower, vegetable, nursery and cannabis growers. In addition to production, pest management, HR, light, energy, technology and disease control, there are Garden Centre/Retailing sessions and two sessions focused on management and careers.
- New this year - a CUT FLOWERS session featuring Marco DeGroot from FloriconsultGroup.
- A session dedicated to greenhouse strawberry production returns for a second year.
- Neil Thornton will help owners and managers build culture and drive change by ensuring they have the right people in the right roles and communicating a clear and committed corporate vision and strategy. On Thursday afternoon, Thornton will direct his attention to those beginning their horticulture careers in this workshop fully customized to the greenhouse sector. Learn how to set goals, meet challenges and excel in the workplace. A panel of young growers will share their experiences, insights and optimism for their future in the greenhouse industry. Owners, managers and supervisors – make the time available for yourself and your employees to attend these seminars and reap the benefits of a more engaged workforce.
- For Garden Centre retailers/growers, there are three sessions over 2 days. From trends (Carson Arthur) and social media (Will Heeman) to new cultivars (Jane Beggs-Joles) – these sessions will inform and inspire. Four prominent Canadian retailers share their successes and challenges.
- Is there a robot in your future? Technology is advancing rapidly with new ideas and equipment. Find out what is currently working and what is in the R & D pipeline around the world from four speakers who work with state-of-the art commercial greenhouses and agriculture.
- Vegetable sessions will focus on energy and light. Leo Marcelis, Wageningen University is one of several international speakers.
- A grower panel adds depth to the Environment session that features A.J. Both from Rutgers University
The CGC brings the experts to you from across Canada and around the world who will share insight and solutions tailored to the Canadian market and growing conditions. Complete program information, speaker biographies and session summaries are available on our website. Save time and money with our convenient on-line registration. www.CanadianGreenhouseConference.com
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.