Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1175)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (38)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (17)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (3)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dutch chrysanthemum growers visit Colombia and MiamiOn Wednesday 6 September, a trade visit commenced in Medellin, Colombia, whereby 13 chrysanthemum growers, Flora Holland and Koppert Biological Systems will chart the Colombian chrysanthemum chain from 'cutting to shelf’. The visit is organized by Dümmen Orange and Ideavelop.
Above all, the theme of crop protection is the central topic during the trade visit in Medellin, a theme that is filled with Koppert Biological Systems. IPM and especially thrips control and the recent bottleneck in Dutch cultivation of chrysanthemums, will be discussed extensively. Also a visit to Capiro, winner of the ‘International Grower of the Year Award 2016’, is included in the program.
Thursday evening, the trade group will head to Bogota to review its competitive position, this is how Colombians organize their businesses and their sales chain. Companies with hundreds of hectares of greenhouses like Sunshine, Jardines de los Andes and Elite will be visited on Friday, September 8th.
On Saturday, the group will literally fly after the flowers towards Miami. Of course, provided that weather conditions allow it - hurricane Irma seems to have plans to head in the same direction. In Florida, the arrival and processing of the flowers will be looked at as well as the final sale in the retail sector.The Colombian chain is considerably shorter than the Dutch. What are the consequences of this and what can we learn from it? These questions will be the central topic during the ‘International Meet-Up Floriculture Miami’, where local retailers and producers of ornamental plants will also join in.
For the organization of this Meet-Up, there is a close cooperation with PMA and the Dutch Consulate in Miami. Click here for more information about the speakers and the themes.
The third group that will be present at this Meet-Up is an international group of phalaenopsis growers and suppliers. This group travels to Guatemala next to attend the official opening of Ter Laak AmericaS and to visit companies such as Dümmen Orange, Holland Orchids and BeJo. This trade visit and the Meet-Up in Miami are also organized by Ideavelop.
For more information:
M: +506 8841 8125
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.