Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (719)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
- A flower shop dedicated to roses only (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
A visit to Polish Wholesale Market BroniszeRecently the Flowers Expo Poland took place in Warsaw, Poland. As many foreign growers and traders must have thought, visiting the show formed a great opportunity to map sales of flowers and plants in the country. For this reason a small group of Dutch growers visited the Bronisze wholesale market, Tomaszewski wholesaler center and some hardware stores and supermarkets. We had the opportunity to join and make some pictures.
The Bronisze wholesale market is the one place florists from Warsaw and neighboring cities and villages come to buy their products. The area with its enormous halls also functions as a fruit- en vegetable market, and is strongly reminiscent of the wholesale market in Paris, Rungis.
The hall with flowers and plants is strongly reminiscent of the cash & carry's at FloraHolland. One of the largest Polish growers - JMP Flowers, a high tech Dutch orchid growers – has its own shops at Wholesale Centers of Bronisze and at various locations throughout the country. JMP Flowers grows orchids, anthuriums and roses.
Tomaszewski is the largest distributor of potted plants in Poland. The company has several distribution centers throughout the country. In Warsaw, logistic activities are combined with their own garden center. One of the things that stood out was the huge quantity of heather plants (bottom right). Here, but also in the various garden centers, one could see them in abundance.
The German DIY store / garden center chain Obi is also well represented in Poland.
The group: Margit Wouters of nursery Kwekerij Wouters, Rico Fransen of Fransen Orchideeën and Arno Hueting from the Leo Ammerlaan plant nursery with salesman Ruud van Emmerik of Royal FloraHolland.
Publication date: 9/11/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.