Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1175)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (38)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (17)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (3)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
A visit to Polish Wholesale Market BroniszeRecently the Flowers Expo Poland took place in Warsaw, Poland. As many foreign growers and traders must have thought, visiting the show formed a great opportunity to map sales of flowers and plants in the country. For this reason a small group of Dutch growers visited the Bronisze wholesale market, Tomaszewski wholesaler center and some hardware stores and supermarkets. We had the opportunity to join and make some pictures.
The Bronisze wholesale market is the one place florists from Warsaw and neighboring cities and villages come to buy their products. The area with its enormous halls also functions as a fruit- en vegetable market, and is strongly reminiscent of the wholesale market in Paris, Rungis.
The hall with flowers and plants is strongly reminiscent of the cash & carry's at FloraHolland. One of the largest Polish growers - JMP Flowers, a high tech Dutch orchid growers – has its own shops at Wholesale Centers of Bronisze and at various locations throughout the country. JMP Flowers grows orchids, anthuriums and roses.
Tomaszewski is the largest distributor of potted plants in Poland. The company has several distribution centers throughout the country. In Warsaw, logistic activities are combined with their own garden center. One of the things that stood out was the huge quantity of heather plants (bottom right). Here, but also in the various garden centers, one could see them in abundance.
The German DIY store / garden center chain Obi is also well represented in Poland.
The group: Margit Wouters of nursery Kwekerij Wouters, Rico Fransen of Fransen Orchideeën and Arno Hueting from the Leo Ammerlaan plant nursery with salesman Ruud van Emmerik of Royal FloraHolland.
Publication date: 9/11/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.