Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (840)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (8)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (3)
- Dalat is “Honor City” of HortEx Vietnam 2018 (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
October 11-13, Tokyo
IFEX 2017: Your gateaway to the Japanese marketIFEX- 14th International Flowers & Plants Expo Tokyo and GARDEX - 11th International Garden Expo Tokyo will take place in Makuhari Messe, Japan from October 11th (Wed) - 13th (Fri), 2017. Show Management is expecting to have 820 exhibitors from 18 countries for the two exhibitions. Among the exhibitors, 160 companies will be there for the first time to exhibit. 58,000 visitors from all over the world will attend these shows, making the two Japan’s largest flower and garden industry trade shows.
Expand your business
IFEX gathers exhibitors with flowers, plants, floristry items and horticultural equipment. Major importers, wholesalers and retailers from around the world will visit this show to source trendy products. The show will have 4 big events including seminars, arrangement shows, Flower Awards, and a Preserved & Artificial Flower Contest.
GARDEX gathers exhibitors with garden supplies, landscaping supplies and outdoor living products. A special exhibit zone of garden and lifestyle collection will also be at the show. This will be an exclusive zone for fashionable and design oriented products like flower arrangement supplies and floral decoration. At GARDEX, exhibitors can sell their products to major Japanese buyers and find agents/distributors in Japan. Participants from 51 countries /regions will be at the show and these include China, Brazil, Kenya, Korea, Taiwan, United States, etc.
IFEX Flower Awards
Marking its third year, IFEX Flower Awards will be held at the show. IFEX Flower Awards is an event for people around the world in the growing, cut flower and potted flower industry to promote their flowers broadly in the Japanese market. This award will be given to those with the best flower varieties. The entry flowers will first be displayed in a special area at IFEX that attracts 58,000 flower industry professionals from retailers, importers/wholesalers, to floral designers, etc. It will also be massively promoted in the Japanese flower industry before the show and through e-mail promotion as photos will be sent to tens of thousands of flower industry professionals. Show Management will then take surveys from IFEX visitors to learn about what they think and study the market to improve quality. Once the best flower varieties are chosen, winners will be able to use the award logo for sales promotion. Leading flower shops all over Japan will have a special display area to display and most of all, it will be introduced in various Japanese media.
The winner will be announced on Oct. 10th (the day before the show opens) and will be presented during the show period. Last year, the winner of the Cut Flower category was Lisianthus (Corsage Antique Pink) from Nakasone Lisianthus Inc. The winner in the Potted Flower category was Phalaenopsis (Green Earth) from Morita-Orchid Inc., and for the Overseas Grower category, an Ecuador company named Naranjo Roses Ecuador S.A. won with their Tantau (Paloma).
See the 2016 winners here http://www.ifex.jp/en/Previous-Show/award/
Applications for the 2017 contest have already been accepted as 150 varieties are expected to enter.
IFEX/GARDEX is co-held with 2 other specialised exhibitions gathering 1,870 exhibitors in total.
- 7th AGRI WORLD - Asia’s largest exhibition for agricultural horticultural technologies
- 7th TOOL JAPAN - Japan’s only trade show specialised in tools and hardware exhibition
Invitation Ticket Request (Free): http://www.ifex.jp/en/inv/
Exhibiting Information Inquiries: http://www.ifex.jp/en/ex/
If you have any inquiries about the show, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.