Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (840)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (8)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (3)
- Dalat is “Honor City” of HortEx Vietnam 2018 (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California Association of Flower Growers and Shippers
"Still blooming through the ages after 75 years"The California Association of Flowers and Shippers held its bi-annual convention, “Fun ‘N Sun”, last August 9-12, 2017 in “The Village by the Sea”, Carlsbad, California. Lourdes Reyes, BallSB Marketing Director, shares her thoughts.
This year, the association celebrated 75 years serving the California flower growers and shippers. CalFlowers, then known as NORCAL was formed when Japanese and Italian flower farms in the Bay Area joined forces to address shipping issues around 1941.
After the traditional Golf Tournament, the convention started with the “All California flower display” in the Grand Foyer of the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf and Spa.
The splendor of the master pieces using California flowers was witnessed as one took the opportunity to greet old friends and to make new friends in the Welcome Reception Cocktail Party.
The outdoor dining experience incorporating CalFlowers aspirational theme “More Americans, enjoying more flowers, more often” captured in clear and simple terms, the Association's focus. Floral designs that were popular across the decades since CalFlowers was formed were displayed in the Black and White affair celebrating the 75 years of the association.
A picture display of the members' storied histories “All Who have contributed to the California floral Industry” was also enjoyed.
One of the highlights was the Farm tour, and three of the southern California’s best-known customers facilities were visited.
- Dramm and Echter Inc. where Gerberas, Lilies, Roses and succulents fill 950,000 square feet of greenhouse space
- Kendall Farm, a family owned and operated flower farm. Located in the hills of Rainbow, CA. Kendall Farms micro climate creates the perfect conditions for growing South African and Australian blooms as well as greens and USA blooms produced with Ball Seeds
- Mellano & Company. Operating since 1925, bringing high quality flowers to the market is what they do since then. Also a family owned business. They are bringing back the “CA grown Gypsophila” with Ball’s Gyp “Mirabella”.
The “Flower fair exhibit” at the convention gave the chance to preview the many booths and table top exhibits where the California flowers shined with colors, new varieties and innovative designs plus the “All Educational Sessions” gave the attendees a clear view of the thriving revival of the proudly California grown flowers.
For more information
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.