Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1175)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (38)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (17)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (3)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: JKIA upgrades expected to boost economyJomo Kenyatta International Airport car garage has opened to the public in what is expected to ease congestion and boost revenues.
The Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) had in 2013 converted the car parking garage into a temporary arrivals section after a fire destroyed Terminal 1.
Security features at the garage have been fixed and works at arrival terminals 1A and IE now completed.
Major upgrades have been made at the JKIA since its international terminal was destroyed in a fire four years ago.
Operating direct flights between Kenya and the US is expected to cut by half freight costs in what could have a ripple effect on economic growth. Kenya exports mostly horticultural products to the US.
Kenya contributes more than 35 per cent share to the global flower trade that continues to grow despite stiff competition from Ecuador, Ethiopia and Colombia.
Read more at Business Daily (Lynet Igadwah)
Publication date: 9/8/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.