Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (719)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
- A flower shop dedicated to roses only (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
October 4, Exeter
UK: South West Growers Show focuses on key regional tradeAs plans intensify ahead of the opening of the South West Growers Show (SWGS) at the Matford Centre, Exeter on Wednesday 4th October, both exhibitors and organisers are focusing on the importance of reaching the key regional horticultural, turfcare and amenity trade across the South West and surrounding counties.
At a time when many trade events are amalgamating and moving away from traditional geographical audiences, SWGS is not only retaining its focus as the South West’s only trade show aimed at growers and plant buyers from local authorities, garden centres and retail outlets, but has expanded its focus to cover the cross-over amenity, landscape and turf-care industries.
“Visitors to SWGS this year will have access to a one-stop shop,” states event chairman David Jackson. “Not only will we have our traditional focus on nursery and plant features, but the dedicated amenity and landscape section will offer a new feature for our visitors, many of whom have multiple interests across all of these sectors. But importantly, we will retain a focus towards our core target audience, which is the regional trade across the South West and surrounding counties.”
With a reach covering from Lands’ End and encompassing all of Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Wiltshire across to West Sussex, South Wales and South Midlands, SWGS offers an unrivalled opportunity for trade professionals across the surrounding counties to view the latest ranges, product launches and industry news, while at the same time providing exhibitors with the unique opportunity to engage directly with a key customer base.
Stuart Lowen, marketing manager at regular exhibitor Ball Colegrave echoed Mr Jackson’s comments, saying, “Ball Colegrave is delighted to be attending this year’s South West Growers Show. This is a very special and friendly regional show with ‘Growing’ very much at its core.”
“We very much enjoy this opportunity to meet with so many existing and prospective customers from the surrounding counties who perhaps do not always get the opportunity to visit other industry events further afield.”
There are still places available for late exhibitor bookings, and reservations can be taken via the website www.swgs.co.uk or by calling the team on 01404 821982. Visitor registrations can also be made via the same route.
Visitors can expect to see innovative new product ranges from manufacturers and suppliers of horticultural, amenity and landscape products and equipment. Amongst the regular names at the event this year will be Agralan, exhibiting its range of pheromone traps and biological controls, BHGS Hayle showing a full product portfolio including specialist turfcare ranges, Fargro with its full horticultural sundries offering and ICL offering advice and showing its latest crop protection, fertiliser and growing media products.
The usual showing of nurseries from across the local region and further afield will be on hand to discuss latest varieties and displays of bedding plants, nursery stock, shrubs, grasses and trees, amongst other features.
The South West Growers Show takes place at the Matford Centre in Exeter, Devon. For further information, visit www.swgs.co.uk, email email@example.com or call Kirsty on 01404 821982.
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.