Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (719)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
- A flower shop dedicated to roses only (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: GrowIt! Garden Shops sees 50,000 searches for local garden centersSince the launch of GrowIt!, people had been finding plants on the app that would work well in their specific locations. By seeing what people were planting around them, community members could gain inspiration for their own spaces, but one question remained, “Where can I get these plants?”
This spring, GrowIt! set out to help their community find the answer, and created the GrowIt! Garden Shops program, where independent garden centers and nurseries could post pictures of things they had in stock, and be found by local customers looking for plants on the app. It was a win for both parties. Shoppers could find great plants and knowledgeable staff, and retailers could get in front of a whole new mobile audience.
In the first four months since the launch of the Garden Shops program, over 50,000 community members were actively seeking out local garden centers on the app.
“What I liked most about the whole concept of GrowIt! was the ease of using it to find whatever a newbie gardener may want just by color, all the way up to an experienced gardener looking for a plant or variety by its Latin or scientific name. We are not the most tech-savvy mobile device users, and even we can use it with ease! And if you are a part of GrowIt! with your garden center, you pop up readily as a source for just what they may be looking for. Everyone looks at their phone or other mobile device for anything at anytime these days, and voila,,...there you are!” says Donna Nykaza-Jones, owner of Ray’s Quality Greenhouse in Matteson, Illinois.
Independent Garden Centers can learn more about the Garden Shops program at:
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.