Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1175)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (38)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (17)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (3)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: GrowIt! Garden Shops sees 50,000 searches for local garden centersSince the launch of GrowIt!, people had been finding plants on the app that would work well in their specific locations. By seeing what people were planting around them, community members could gain inspiration for their own spaces, but one question remained, “Where can I get these plants?”
This spring, GrowIt! set out to help their community find the answer, and created the GrowIt! Garden Shops program, where independent garden centers and nurseries could post pictures of things they had in stock, and be found by local customers looking for plants on the app. It was a win for both parties. Shoppers could find great plants and knowledgeable staff, and retailers could get in front of a whole new mobile audience.
In the first four months since the launch of the Garden Shops program, over 50,000 community members were actively seeking out local garden centers on the app.
“What I liked most about the whole concept of GrowIt! was the ease of using it to find whatever a newbie gardener may want just by color, all the way up to an experienced gardener looking for a plant or variety by its Latin or scientific name. We are not the most tech-savvy mobile device users, and even we can use it with ease! And if you are a part of GrowIt! with your garden center, you pop up readily as a source for just what they may be looking for. Everyone looks at their phone or other mobile device for anything at anytime these days, and voila,,...there you are!” says Donna Nykaza-Jones, owner of Ray’s Quality Greenhouse in Matteson, Illinois.
Independent Garden Centers can learn more about the Garden Shops program at:
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.