Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1175)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (38)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (17)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (3)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from Californiaís historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: New President for the HTAAdam Taylor from Taylors Bulbs was elected as President of the HTA at the Associationís AGM which took place on 12 September at Glee.
Adam takes on the role from Adam Wigglesworth of Aylett Nurseries who has completed his two-year term of office to become the Immediate Past President. In other appointments Sandy Shepherd from Ball Colegrave was re-elected to the Board and Simon Fraser from Ben Reid and Co was elected as a new Board member. Stan Green from Growforth Ltd stood down from the Board, after serving since 2007.
Adam Wigglesworth took the opportunity to say what an honour it had been to serve HTA members and thanked the Board, Council, HTA staff and fellow Directors at Aylett Nurseries, for their support during his presidency.
Members from across the sector attending the AGM received the finance reports and annual review and re-appointed BDO as auditors. Dougal Philip provided an update from the HTA Benevolent Fund and encouraged all to help raise awareness of this resource which is available to HTA members and their staff.
HTA subscription rates are not increasing in 2018 in the light of other challenges for the industry such as uncertainty around Brexit, exchange rates and increasing prices.
The minutes of the AGM will be available to members on the HTA website in the near future.
For more information
Horticultural Trades Association
19 High Street
T: +44 (0)118 930 3132
Fax: +44 (0)118 932 3453
NGGV: +44 (0)118 930 2092
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.