Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (840)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (8)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (3)
- Dalat is “Honor City” of HortEx Vietnam 2018 (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: New President for the HTAAdam Taylor from Taylors Bulbs was elected as President of the HTA at the Association’s AGM which took place on 12 September at Glee.
Adam takes on the role from Adam Wigglesworth of Aylett Nurseries who has completed his two-year term of office to become the Immediate Past President. In other appointments Sandy Shepherd from Ball Colegrave was re-elected to the Board and Simon Fraser from Ben Reid and Co was elected as a new Board member. Stan Green from Growforth Ltd stood down from the Board, after serving since 2007.
Adam Wigglesworth took the opportunity to say what an honour it had been to serve HTA members and thanked the Board, Council, HTA staff and fellow Directors at Aylett Nurseries, for their support during his presidency.
Members from across the sector attending the AGM received the finance reports and annual review and re-appointed BDO as auditors. Dougal Philip provided an update from the HTA Benevolent Fund and encouraged all to help raise awareness of this resource which is available to HTA members and their staff.
HTA subscription rates are not increasing in 2018 in the light of other challenges for the industry such as uncertainty around Brexit, exchange rates and increasing prices.
The minutes of the AGM will be available to members on the HTA website in the near future.
For more information
Horticultural Trades Association
19 High Street
T: +44 (0)118 930 3132
Fax: +44 (0)118 932 3453
NGGV: +44 (0)118 930 2092
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.