Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (719)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
- A flower shop dedicated to roses only (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: New President for the HTAAdam Taylor from Taylors Bulbs was elected as President of the HTA at the Association’s AGM which took place on 12 September at Glee.
Adam takes on the role from Adam Wigglesworth of Aylett Nurseries who has completed his two-year term of office to become the Immediate Past President. In other appointments Sandy Shepherd from Ball Colegrave was re-elected to the Board and Simon Fraser from Ben Reid and Co was elected as a new Board member. Stan Green from Growforth Ltd stood down from the Board, after serving since 2007.
Adam Wigglesworth took the opportunity to say what an honour it had been to serve HTA members and thanked the Board, Council, HTA staff and fellow Directors at Aylett Nurseries, for their support during his presidency.
Members from across the sector attending the AGM received the finance reports and annual review and re-appointed BDO as auditors. Dougal Philip provided an update from the HTA Benevolent Fund and encouraged all to help raise awareness of this resource which is available to HTA members and their staff.
HTA subscription rates are not increasing in 2018 in the light of other challenges for the industry such as uncertainty around Brexit, exchange rates and increasing prices.
The minutes of the AGM will be available to members on the HTA website in the near future.
For more information
Horticultural Trades Association
19 High Street
T: +44 (0)118 930 3132
Fax: +44 (0)118 932 3453
NGGV: +44 (0)118 930 2092
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.