Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (974)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (31)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (6)
- "Building an orchid brand in a new market" (1)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
January 16-18, Syracuse
US (NY): 2018 Empire State Producers ExpoThe 2018 Empire State Producers Expo will take place on January 16-18 at a new location: Onondaga Community College's SRC Arena & Events Center in Syracuse, NY. This annual show combines the major fruit, flower and vegetable associations of New York State in order to provide a comprehensive trade show and educational conference for New York producers, as well as neighboring states and Eastern Canada. In years past over 100 presentations were given by Cornell Cooperative Extension personnel and highly regarded speakers from across the country. Panel discussions feature some of the top industry experts and growers in New York. Between educational sessions, attendees can visit the trade show featuring over 150 commercial vendors and non-profit exhibitors.
Session topics include commodity specific programs in berries, cabbage, snap beans, peas, beets, carrots, fruiting vegetables (tomatoes, peppers), cut flowers, tree fruit, sweet corn, tomato, onion, Cole crops, root crops, vine crops, and emerging markets (hops, malting barley, mushrooms, hemp, hard cider); and multidisciplinary programs in precision irrigation, weed management, soil health, biopesticides, beginning farmer operations, marketing, greenhouse production, climate and forecast models, GMOs, and wildlife management. DEC pesticide recertification credits and Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) credits will be offered during the appropriate educational sessions.
The complete Expo program will be available in late fall online on the NYS Vegetable Growers Association website.
Trade show exhibitor information can be found online or by contacting Dan Wren at 800-218-5586.
Publication date: 10/6/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.