Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (674)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: Fewer, but more valuable flowers exportedThe quantity of cut-flower horticultural exports from Kenya reduced from 15,518.63 MT in May 2017 to 12,335.82 MT in June 2017 while the value of exports decreased from KSh 7,522.23 million to KSh 6,280.96 million during the period.
This is shown by the leading economic indicators, published by the Kenyan National Bureay of Statistics. Horticulture is currently the fastest growing agricultural subsector in Kenya and ranked third after tourism and tea, in foreign exchange earnings.
The volume of vegetable exports decreased from 7,309.56 MT in May 2017 to 7,203.98 MT in June 2017. The value of vegetable exports expanded from KSh 1,814.03 million to KSh 1,927.01 million in the same period.
These numbers can be found on the KNBS website.
Publication date: 10/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.