Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (828)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: Fewer, but more valuable flowers exportedThe quantity of cut-flower horticultural exports from Kenya reduced from 15,518.63 MT in May 2017 to 12,335.82 MT in June 2017 while the value of exports decreased from KSh 7,522.23 million to KSh 6,280.96 million during the period.
This is shown by the leading economic indicators, published by the Kenyan National Bureay of Statistics. Horticulture is currently the fastest growing agricultural subsector in Kenya and ranked third after tourism and tea, in foreign exchange earnings.
The volume of vegetable exports decreased from 7,309.56 MT in May 2017 to 7,203.98 MT in June 2017. The value of vegetable exports expanded from KSh 1,814.03 million to KSh 1,927.01 million in the same period.
These numbers can be found on the KNBS website.
Publication date: 10/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.