Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (674)
- Milestones, lessons from Californiaís historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
October 17, Swanley
UK: Provender Nurseries hosts Xylella eventXylella could affect the plant choice and availability to the UK plant supply industry and thus to garden designers, landscapers and installers in the UK. There are over 300 host plants that Xylella can affect.
Provender Nurseries are running a free event in conjunction with BALI on Tuesday 17th October: 'Xylella - Are you Prepared?'
This event is free and open to anyone in the horticulture industry with an interest in plants and plant supply. Numbers are limited to 80 people and all bookings are taken via the BALI website here. The event is open to both BALI members and non-members.
Join Provender Nurseries at this free industry event, with arrival required for 3:00pm, where refreshments will be served until 3.45pm. This will provide you with the opportunity to socialise and network with fellow industry colleagues, with tea, coffee and refreshments available.
The event will start promptly at 4:00pm, with a short introduction from Provender Nurseries Managing Director Richard McKenna, who will help set the scene of the afternoon session by updating those in attendance with Provender's own plant procurement processes, in light of Xylella and other potential bio security risks.
This will be swiftly followed by guest speaker Fiona Jones from the APHA, whose seminar on Xylella fastidiosa begins around 4:30pm. The session will then open out to the floor, with the option for an informal discussion around the subject, alongside further networking opportunities which lead through to 7:30pm, when the event finishes.
Click here for more information.
Publication date: 10/10/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.