Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (974)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (31)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (6)
- "Building an orchid brand in a new market" (1)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Barendsen on Floradecora 2018:
"The future belongs to the striking and surprising"Barendsen is entering a new era of its corporate history. Founded over 100 years ago, the Dutch importer and exporter of cut flowers is turning away from auctions and concentrating on purchasing special species and cultivars directly from the grower. “Today, we order sixty percent of our goods from cultivators, collect them from there and deliver immediately. Accordingly, we can offer freshness and quality of the highest standard”, explains Barendsen Marketing Manager Caroline Haakman. The focus is on quality, scarcity and variety flowers, which are supplied in small quantities and on request to specialist wholesalers, as well as to an increasing number of retailers, florists and designers. In this connection, the flower expert is particularly impressed by the way creative individuals use flowers and plants. As she puts it, “The future belongs to the striking and surprising. We need customers who create something new. And we want to offer them a platform.” And, as the market place for making new contacts, Floradecora in Frankfurt am Main from 26 to 29 January 2018 is an excellent venue for this.
Barendsen came into contact with Messe Frankfurt through her working relationship with presentation artists Rudi Tuinman and Pascal Koeleman of 2Dezign, who combine fresh flowers and plants with decorative articles and festive decorations in their special show for Christmasworld and Floradecora. Barendsen’s wide and varied range of products is regularly part of this show and the company immediately decided to exhibit at the new Floradecora trade fair.
“At first, we weren’t expecting all that much”, says Caroline Haakman, “We were simply curious and hoped that, via Floradecora, we would be able to reach Christmasworld and Paperworld visitors.” To this end, Barendsen presented its extensive range of products and services on its own exhibition stand in Hall 11.1 and promoted it at the concurrent events by delivering bouquets to Paperworld exhibitors. A success? Caroline Haakman thinks so. “We found the première of Floradecora to be very inspiring and international.” The number of visitors was surprisingly high, they were of a high standard and buyers were very interested. “We not only welcomed existing customers”, says Haakman, “But also lots of new customers including garden centres, book sellers, concept stores and renowned florists. For us as a service-oriented company that can supply high-grade products in the quantities, the latter are very important – especially because they are interested in new ideas, such as sprays and arrangements.”
According to Caroline Haakman, striking ideas attracted a great deal of attention, e.g., ‘Milky Way’, the new soft lilac rose cultivar by a Dutch grower that is not so easy to find at conventional auctions.
Other popular eyecatchers are new pink / green / white arrangements, echeverias, durable large succulents and mini lilac trees in pots.
“We have something for all lateral thinkers, from event managers, cruise companies, hoteliers, restaurateurs and book sellers to specialist florists who want to create a special, attractive atmosphere in their business”, says Carolin Haakman.
In her opinion, there is an excellent chance of reaching more and more of these new customers via Floradecora over the coming years. “I believe that it will get better and better for us. Christmasworld is a premium event that attracts the right visitors and I am sure that it will not be long before, for example, the chains that buy there hit on the idea of selling flowers.”
Barendsen will also be an exhibitor at Floradecora 2018. The 360° tour of Floradecora 2017 at floradecora.messefrankfurt.com/virtualtour offers insights into the spectrum of products to be seen and who to contact.
For inquiries about taking part in Floradecora please contact Martina Bullack on +49 69 7575-6466 or at email@example.com.
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.