Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (828)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Japan: IFEX 2017 is onThe IFEX 2017 is on. This trade show took off yesterday and will last till October 13th. It is being held concurrently with Gardex, Agri World and Tool Japan in the Makuhari Messe in Tokyo. Visitors and exhibitors from all over the world are attending the show to try one's luck in Japan.
Exporting flowers to Japan, however, has been more difficult over the last two years due to the increased and fluctuating value of the Japanese Yen. Both, the increase and the fact that it is fluctuating makes importing products more expensive and risky and therefore becomes less attractive.
Nevertheless, Japan remains a large market with a lot of potential that exporting companies are eager to exploit. And in order to enter or expand your business relations in Japan, IFEX seems to be the gateway.
Below some pictures that were posted on Social Media to give an impression of the show.
Entrance (Source: Twitter page Beaulieu Int. Group)
Elevated view of the show. (Source: Twitter page Beaulieu Int. Group)
The booth of Beaulieu Int. Group. "We’re at IFEX Japan to introduce our wide range of agrotextiles for flowers and gardening. We look forward to welcome you!" (Source: Twitter page Beaulieu Int. Group)
"Today filming of our booth, products and Fleurizon. Not sure if it was for national television or international promotion. Was just lots of fun." (Source: Facebook page Frank de Greef)
The booth of ProEcuador. (Source: Twitter Page PRO ECUADOR)
Ecuadorian rose farm Agroex is also exhibiting at the show. (Source: Twitter Page PRO ECUADOR)
Ecuadorian rose farm Agrogana. (Source: Twitter Page PRO ECUADOR)
"Our Japanese colleagues and Dutch colleague Tjerk are at the IFEX in Japan. The Ifex is the most important horticultural fair in Tokyo." (Source: Facebook page Chrysal Flower Food)
The booth of Chrysal.
"And good news just keep coming! Carantion Cotton candy, won first prize in IFEX Japan 国際 フラワー＆プランツ Expo（ifex）" (Source: Facebook page Selecta one)
For more information: www.ifex.jp
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.