Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (674)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Japan: IFEX 2017 is onThe IFEX 2017 is on. This trade show took off yesterday and will last till October 13th. It is being held concurrently with Gardex, Agri World and Tool Japan in the Makuhari Messe in Tokyo. Visitors and exhibitors from all over the world are attending the show to try one's luck in Japan.
Exporting flowers to Japan, however, has been more difficult over the last two years due to the increased and fluctuating value of the Japanese Yen. Both, the increase and the fact that it is fluctuating makes importing products more expensive and risky and therefore becomes less attractive.
Nevertheless, Japan remains a large market with a lot of potential that exporting companies are eager to exploit. And in order to enter or expand your business relations in Japan, IFEX seems to be the gateway.
Below some pictures that were posted on Social Media to give an impression of the show.
Entrance (Source: Twitter page Beaulieu Int. Group)
Elevated view of the show. (Source: Twitter page Beaulieu Int. Group)
The booth of Beaulieu Int. Group. "We’re at IFEX Japan to introduce our wide range of agrotextiles for flowers and gardening. We look forward to welcome you!" (Source: Twitter page Beaulieu Int. Group)
"Today filming of our booth, products and Fleurizon. Not sure if it was for national television or international promotion. Was just lots of fun." (Source: Facebook page Frank de Greef)
The booth of ProEcuador. (Source: Twitter Page PRO ECUADOR)
Ecuadorian rose farm Agroex is also exhibiting at the show. (Source: Twitter Page PRO ECUADOR)
Ecuadorian rose farm Agrogana. (Source: Twitter Page PRO ECUADOR)
"Our Japanese colleagues and Dutch colleague Tjerk are at the IFEX in Japan. The Ifex is the most important horticultural fair in Tokyo." (Source: Facebook page Chrysal Flower Food)
The booth of Chrysal.
"And good news just keep coming! Carantion Cotton candy, won first prize in IFEX Japan 国際 フラワー＆プランツ Expo（ifex）" (Source: Facebook page Selecta one)
For more information: www.ifex.jp
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.