Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Australia: "Imported flowers carry pests that risk agriculture industries"
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Taylor Farms and Sakata Seed participate in Petal It ForwardTaylor Farms, North America’s largest producer of salads and healthy fresh foods, and Sakata Seed America, a world leader in breeding and producing vegetable and flower seed, partnered together this afternoon in participation of the Society of American Florist’s Petal It Forward flower giveaway event in Salinas, CA.
The program, which took place on October 11th in more than 273 cities across 50 states, is designed to promote the understanding of the emotional value of giving and receiving flowers. Participants surprised individuals on the street with two flower bouquets, encouraging them to keep one and gift the other. As an added bonus, Taylor Farms coupons were included in each bouquet.
“At the core of our values, and as part of our 40th anniversary celebration, Sakata Seed America is committed to supporting activities that aim to enhance life, the environment and culture in our local communities, as well as across North America,” says Alecia Troy of Sakata. “Petal It Forward is a grass-roots, personal way to connect with others and spread the joy of flowers. Partnering with a caring company like Taylor Farms makes it even more meaningful.”
Special thanks are also being given to Kitayama Brothers and Green Valley Floral for donating flowers to the Petal It Forward project. Without their generous support, this event could not have happened.
“We were thrilled to receive the invitation from Sakata Seed America and the Society of America Florists to partner on this initiative,” said Katrina Gargiulo of Taylor Farms. “We take great pride in giving back to our local community and appreciate the opportunity to partake in this special program.”
University research reveals that flowers have an immediate impact on happiness and a long-term positive effect on moods. Now, a new survey has found that, when it comes to flowers, it’s just as good to give as it is to receive. With this data in mind, the Petal It Forward team is not only spreading happiness to lucky Salinas residents who receive the flowers, but arming these recipients with the tools they need to Petal It Forward and spread happiness to others.
For more information:
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.