Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (674)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Taylor Farms and Sakata Seed participate in Petal It ForwardTaylor Farms, North America’s largest producer of salads and healthy fresh foods, and Sakata Seed America, a world leader in breeding and producing vegetable and flower seed, partnered together this afternoon in participation of the Society of American Florist’s Petal It Forward flower giveaway event in Salinas, CA.
The program, which took place on October 11th in more than 273 cities across 50 states, is designed to promote the understanding of the emotional value of giving and receiving flowers. Participants surprised individuals on the street with two flower bouquets, encouraging them to keep one and gift the other. As an added bonus, Taylor Farms coupons were included in each bouquet.
“At the core of our values, and as part of our 40th anniversary celebration, Sakata Seed America is committed to supporting activities that aim to enhance life, the environment and culture in our local communities, as well as across North America,” says Alecia Troy of Sakata. “Petal It Forward is a grass-roots, personal way to connect with others and spread the joy of flowers. Partnering with a caring company like Taylor Farms makes it even more meaningful.”
Special thanks are also being given to Kitayama Brothers and Green Valley Floral for donating flowers to the Petal It Forward project. Without their generous support, this event could not have happened.
“We were thrilled to receive the invitation from Sakata Seed America and the Society of America Florists to partner on this initiative,” said Katrina Gargiulo of Taylor Farms. “We take great pride in giving back to our local community and appreciate the opportunity to partake in this special program.”
University research reveals that flowers have an immediate impact on happiness and a long-term positive effect on moods. Now, a new survey has found that, when it comes to flowers, it’s just as good to give as it is to receive. With this data in mind, the Petal It Forward team is not only spreading happiness to lucky Salinas residents who receive the flowers, but arming these recipients with the tools they need to Petal It Forward and spread happiness to others.
For more information:
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.