Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Last commentsmore »
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (4)
- "The future of Women’s Day is purple" (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (903)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (14)
- FlowersExpo’2017 and the Russian flower market (1)
- FloraHolland market information: less supply at Christmas (2)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (3)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Plenty of opportunities to flourish in Dutch floriculture"
How does the Dutch floriculture sector look like in 2027? In this publication you will read what the expectations for entrepreneurs are in terms of consumer behavior, changes in the world market and developments in the supply chain. This will help you to recognize the opportunities for a flourishing future for your business.
The consumer has become less predictable. One moment, the consumer wants a very luxurious bouquet or an exclusive plant, another moment he buys a special offer at a discount formula (Aldi, Lidl) or supermarket or hardware store (AH, Jumbo, Praxis). The same person wants to be served at different times with products of different quality. We call this buyer the hybrid consumer. Companies throughout the ornamentals chain should wonder how they can anticipate the variable buying behavior of these customers.
Rising international demand for flowers and plants
There is a strong relationship between growth of purchasing power and growth in spending in flowers and plants. Based on expected economic growth and current consumer value, Rabobank expects the global consumer value of flowers and plants to grow by almost 50% worldwide over the next 10 years.
Read the entire report on the Rabobank website (in Dutch).
Publication date: 10/18/2017
Other news in this sector:
aplying for Florist... 10 years experience....
arnold B. Lunes, abu dhabi, United Arab Emirates (email) - 10/26/2017 11:24:33 AM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.