Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (727)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Expo Agroalimentaria receives more interest from ornamental industry
- Danziger intrigues visitors at the FloraHolland Trade Fair
- "Limonica highly effective against thrips and whitefly"
- Europe and China sign cooperation agreement on plant variety rights
- US (MI): Walters Gardens nears completion of Acclimation Range
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Marianne de Winter leaves De Winter Logistics
In mid November 2017, Marianne de Winter of the family company De Winter Logistics will leave her role as director. The step is both logical and strategic for both the company and Marianne.
The company was founded by Ton de Winter in 1992. A small five years later brother Eric de Winter enters the company. After a successful expansion and growth of the company Ton had to stop due to his health. Marianne de Winter: "This was also the reason for Eric and I, as you do in family companies, sat down together during a birthday and talked about the future of the company and came to the idea that I should become a director!" De Winter Logistics already had a powerful position in the region and decorative cultivation at the time and had grown considerably in a short time. "It was a conscious and strategic choice at the time to bring the company out more and give attention to people and the organisation. This also fit well into my own development and the step from non-profit to a commercial family company felt really good," according to Marianne. "Yet it's time to take the next step in my career."
Marianne de Winter has a background at the police commission and location director of two penitentiary institutions. Her step into the family company fit well into the phase the company was in six years ago. At first a period of five years was agreed. Due to the 25 year anniversary of the company this year, the siblings extended this by another year. "With Marianne's background we were able to give attention to areas in a different manner. And successfully! Together with a strong MT we worked together to further professionalise the company. Despite the financial crisis period that the Netherlands was in," adds brother Eric. "This lead not only to winning the TLN Ondernemersprijs 2016 and recent nomination for the MKB Westland Partners Ondernemersprijs, but also to Minister President Rutte visiting our company."
The company has moved into a new phase of life in those six years. Director Eric de Winter: "We work in a hugely dynamic world. Our services must seamlessly connect to the demand of the customer in a market where everything has to be supplied quicker, more often and fresher. It's a strategic decision to now focus on the supply chain, where short lines and renewed sales opportunities will be the centre of attention. The attention was moved around over the last two years, but this will now be fast forwarded. It's time to adapt the strategy to this." Arnoud de Vries, an 'old friend' of the company, will succeed Marianne. He will join the directors and further grow and strengthen the company in the logistic sector along with Eric. "Arnoud is strong in logistical operations, he has shown us this for seven years. In the meantime he has filled the function of Supply chain Director at Nature’s Pride," according to Eric. "We're happy he's coming back. With his background we're strong in logistics and we can further expand the activities of De Winter," Eric de Winter concludes.
For more information:
De Winter Logistics
2675 ZT Honselersdijk
(+)31 174 61 53 33
Publication date: 10/27/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.