Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Last commentsmore »
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (4)
- "The future of Women’s Day is purple" (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (903)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (14)
- FlowersExpo’2017 and the Russian flower market (1)
- FloraHolland market information: less supply at Christmas (2)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (3)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Beekenkamp Poinsettia Trials
Twinkle, twinkle, superstarsIn the afternoons of 8th and 9th, 15th and 16th of November, Beekenkamp opens their doors to show the full range of Poinsettias. During the Poinsettia Trials they show their existing, pre-commercial and competitor varieties.
Beekenkamp has been a breeder and propagator of Poinsettias for years. During these 4 afternoons in week 45 and 46, all can be viewed and compared. The staff are present to inform everyone about the qualities and possibilities of each plant. "These weeks are an ideal opportunity to visit the trials for our customers and ideal to take their own customers. Over 80% of the assortment is red, in all possible ways. During the trials we focus on the pot size and shelf life." That says Sirekit Mol, Marketing Manager at Beekenkamp.
In the spotlight are the superstars that conquer their place in the market. The Astro for example. "This is, you could say, the run of the mill: it grows fast, is easy to grow, gives a full body plant and has a beautiful V shape. The latter is something that growers pay attention to, because a V-shape also means: easy to cover. The plant is grown mainly in 10.5 cm pots or bigger." The remaining 20% is filled with other coloured Poinsettias.
At the trials the Princettia range will be shown as well. The Princettia has completely different genetics that is available in many different colors and can even be used in the begin of the Autumn, during mild weather for outdoor use.
The trials take place at Beekenkamp Breeding (Korte Kruisweg 163, Maasdijk).
For more information:
Korte Kruisweg 141
2676 BS Maasdijk
Publication date: 11/2/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.