Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (727)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Expo Agroalimentaria receives more interest from ornamental industry
- Danziger intrigues visitors at the FloraHolland Trade Fair
- "Limonica highly effective against thrips and whitefly"
- Europe and China sign cooperation agreement on plant variety rights
- US (MI): Walters Gardens nears completion of Acclimation Range
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Beekenkamp Poinsettia Trials
Twinkle, twinkle, superstarsIn the afternoons of 8th and 9th, 15th and 16th of November, Beekenkamp opens their doors to show the full range of Poinsettias. During the Poinsettia Trials they show their existing, pre-commercial and competitor varieties.
Beekenkamp has been a breeder and propagator of Poinsettias for years. During these 4 afternoons in week 45 and 46, all can be viewed and compared. The staff are present to inform everyone about the qualities and possibilities of each plant. "These weeks are an ideal opportunity to visit the trials for our customers and ideal to take their own customers. Over 80% of the assortment is red, in all possible ways. During the trials we focus on the pot size and shelf life." That says Sirekit Mol, Marketing Manager at Beekenkamp.
In the spotlight are the superstars that conquer their place in the market. The Astro for example. "This is, you could say, the run of the mill: it grows fast, is easy to grow, gives a full body plant and has a beautiful V shape. The latter is something that growers pay attention to, because a V-shape also means: easy to cover. The plant is grown mainly in 10.5 cm pots or bigger." The remaining 20% is filled with other coloured Poinsettias.
At the trials the Princettia range will be shown as well. The Princettia has completely different genetics that is available in many different colors and can even be used in the begin of the Autumn, during mild weather for outdoor use.
The trials take place at Beekenkamp Breeding (Korte Kruisweg 163, Maasdijk).
For more information:
Korte Kruisweg 141
2676 BS Maasdijk
Publication date: 11/2/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.