Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (158)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (243)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Accu-Power line from Birchmeier wins Taspo Award 2017On October 27, the winners of this year's Taspo Awards were honored. Birchmeier Sprühtechnik AG received the coveted trophy in the "Innovative Product" category for its Accu-Power line.
"We are very proud of this important award," says Jürg Zwahlen, owner of the company. "It shows once again that Birchmeier stands for market proximity and competence. On the one hand, thanks to the battery technology, the devices are environmentally friendly and, on the other hand, are precisely tailored to the needs of horticultural professionals."
The company was the first manufacturer that introduced a comprehensive battery driven sprayer program for crop protection. The devices offer also in the high pressure range an alternative to conventional petrol and motorized sprayers. Instead of noise and exhaust gases, users enjoy sophisticated technology, highly convenient operation and practical features.
The electronic regulating system acts as a control centre in all Accu-Power devices. Using a rotary control which allows infinite adjustment, the user sets the exact operating pressure and the device’s electronic system keeps the pressure constant during spraying. First used in the REC 15 backpack sprayer, the intelligent control system has proven extremely successful in use.
Birchmeier attaches great importance to providing products tailored to the needs of all users in the plant sector. Because of this, various Accu-Power devices are available, offering different pressure ranges, application rates and operating times:
- Horticulture and landscaping/cemeteries: Generally speaking, pest control in relatively small areas is required here. With a pressure of 4.5 bar and an operating time of more than four hours, the REB 15 will be adequate for most applications. For higher pressures and longer operating times, e.g. when applying fungicides, the REC 15 with up to 6 bar is recommended.
- Sports grounds and golf courses: With an operating time of more than ten hours, the REX 15 is recommended for applying herbicides. The REC 15 is suitable for smaller areas.
- Tree nurseries, fruit-growing and wine-growing: The REX 15 with 10 bar offers the manoeuvrability of a backpack sprayer with a high pressure for spraying range and stock penetration. The device’s high application rate also allows quick and efficient spraying.
- Indoor plants: The A 50 cart sprayer or the Accu-Power pump station BM 1035 with an application rate of four to five litres per minute are ideal here.
- Flowers and decorative plants: For propagation and young plants, high flow rates with low pressures are very important. With an operating time of more than eight hours, the REC 15 is ideal here. If a high level of stock penetration is needed for established or specimen plants, it offers ample performance thanks to a pressure of 6 bar.
- Vegetable-growing/speciality vegetable-growing: Large quantities of spraying solution and a long operating time are important here, e.g. in tunnels at the edge of a company site. With a 50 litre capacity and an operating time of more than 14 hours, the A 50 meets these requirements. The rechargeable A 75 and A 130 cart sprayers are suitable for larger areas. The BM 1035 can be used as a pump station for even larger tanks.
Birchmeier Sprühtechnik AG
Im Stetterfeld 1
CH-5608 Stetten, Switzerland
T: +49 (0)151 61 53 78 97
Publication date: 11/7/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.