Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Last commentsmore »
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (4)
- "The future of Women’s Day is purple" (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (903)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (14)
- FlowersExpo’2017 and the Russian flower market (1)
- FloraHolland market information: less supply at Christmas (2)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (3)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
December 1 in Baton Rouge
US: LSU AgCenter holds poinsettia showThe LSU AgCenter will host the annual poinsettia show and sale from 8 a.m. to noon on Dec. 1 at the LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens at Burden, located at 4560 Essen Lane near Interstate 10 in Baton Rouge.
Visitors will have an opportunity to purchase and rate a variety of poinsettia plants. LSU AgCenter file photo/John Wozniak
Visitors may purchase fresh poinsettias from a wide selection of varieties on display for $10 to $12 per plant.
Visitors also will have the opportunity to take a survey and rate several poinsettia varieties. The Botanic Gardens is one of the nationwide trial locations for new and classic poinsettia varieties.
“We rely on our visitors to take part in the evaluation process to help poinsettia breeders decide which poinsettias hit the shelves next Christmas season,” said Jeff Kuehny, resident director at the Botanic Gardens at Burden.
Admission is free and open to the public. Proceeds from the sale go to fund educational programs at the Botanic Gardens. For additional information, call 225-763-3990.
Source: LSU AgCenter
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.