Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (727)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Expo Agroalimentaria receives more interest from ornamental industry
- Danziger intrigues visitors at the FloraHolland Trade Fair
- "Limonica highly effective against thrips and whitefly"
- Europe and China sign cooperation agreement on plant variety rights
- US (MI): Walters Gardens nears completion of Acclimation Range
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New SK Roses greenhouse almost ready
The construction of the third cultivation location of SK Roses is in full swing. This location on the Noordlierweg in De Lier, is located centrally between the other companies in De Lier and Den Hoorn. The modern family company, which is led by Marc, Bas and Tom Koene, grows white Avalanche roses. They will also grow these popular roses at the new location to be able to continue to meet the demand.
In May this year the construction of the 3 hectare greenhouse was started and another 3 hectare is set to be added in the future. Stolze is responsible for the water and electro technical installation and the assimilation lighting installation with Agrolux armatures at the new SK Roses location. The nursery is being set up according to New Generation Growing and consists of modern and sustainable techniques.
For instance, they opted for the Airmix controlled ventilation/circulation system. This is the first Airmix project that was installed by Stolze. The goal of the Airmix system is to be able to grow optimally with a closed screen. The advantage of a closed screen is no loss of light to outside and an even temperature as no gaps are needed in the screen installation. The temperature and the RV in the greenhouse can be set to their desired value with the Airmix.
The greenhouse also has diffuse glass to generate as optimal a light transmission as possible and to spread the light that comes into the greenhouse. This diminishes the effect of shadows and evens the conditions throughout the greenhouse.
In the water technical space the use of fertilisers is completely automated and registered by the Priva software module 'AB tray filler'. All information concerning the fertilisers is stored in the climate computer, so that the history can be checked. This makes it possible to gain more insight and eventually improve the cultivation.
The logistic process concerning the transport of the roses from the greenhouse to the shed and sorting the roses is also completely automated. The roses from the other two cultivation locations will soon also be sorted at the new location and distributed from here. The end of construction is coming into sight and the first roses are expected to be planted in around 5 weeks.
For more information:
2676 LJ Maasdijk
T +31 174 513 779
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.