Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (727)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Expo Agroalimentaria receives more interest from ornamental industry
- Danziger intrigues visitors at the FloraHolland Trade Fair
- Europe and China sign cooperation agreement on plant variety rights
- "Limonica highly effective against thrips and whitefly"
- US (MI): Walters Gardens nears completion of Acclimation Range
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
February 20-22, Gorinchem
NL: International growers’ HortiContact Tour announces 2018 programmeOn 20 and 21 February 2018, international growers can discover the latest developments in Dutch glasshouse horticulture, during the HortiContact Tour. Held for the second year in a row, this field trip is hosted by the HortiContact trade fair organisation (20 – 22 February 2018 at Evenementenhal Gorinchem), Uniglobe Westland Business travel, and In Greenhouses magazine. The field trip will lead to several growing companies and knowledge institutes.
The programme for the HortiContact Tour has been rounded off, and will include both a Practice Day and a Seminar & Trade Fair Day. On the first day of the HortiContact Tour (20 February 2018), participants will visit several growers and research locations. The excursion will depart at 8:15, from Rotterdam. The first stop is at 9:00 at tomato grower Lans in Maasdijk. The trip will then continue to the most important centre of innovation of the international glasshouse horticultural industry, World Horti Centre in Honselersdijk.
After lunch, the trip will lead to two practice visits in De Lier, for pot plant grower SV.CO and rose grower Fransen Roses. Both companies will show visitors the latest developments in their markets. The first day ends at 17:00, with departure for Rotterdam.
Seminar & Trade Fair Days
Day 2 centres around Gorinchem, 35 kilometres east of Rotterdam. At HortiContact’s trade fair venue, researchers of Wageningen University & research will host various lectures. Leo Marcelis (horticulture and product physiology professor) on light and LED illumination, Gerben Messelink (researcher) on integrated pest management, Anne Elings (scientific crop physiology) on developing medium technology into high-tech greenhouse production, and Frank Kempkes (researcher) on climate and energy savings. The morning programme concludes with a group lunch.
After lunch, participants are free to visit the HortiContact trade fair. With an average of over 500 participants, it is the largest and most-valued meeting opportunity for Dutch glasshouse horticulture.
The HortiContact Tour is a cooperation between the HortiContact trade fair organisation (held from Tuesday 20 to Thursday 22 February 2018 at Evenementenhal Gorinchem), Uniglobe Westland Business Travel, and In Greenhouses magazine. Due to support by several sponsors, participation in the HortiContact Tour is free of charge. Growers from abroad are required to arrange their own travel to the Netherlands and hotel bookings individually. The organisation has arranged a hotel offer and transfers to and from the airport, for which interested growers can apply.
More information / Subscription
Do you know growers in your international business network for whom this tour may be interesting? For more information, refer them to www.horticontacttour.nl.
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.