- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Competitions and presentation ceremonies at IPM Essen
The IPM Innovation Showcase is a permanent fixture. The latest plant innovations will be exhibited and honoured for the eleventh time already. All the plant exhibitors at IPM Essen will have the possibility of presenting their innovations in Hall 1A in the "Bedding and Balcony Plants", "Tub Plants", "Flowering House Plants", "Cut Flowers", "Woody Plants" and "Shrubs" categories.
The visitors may be curious about what plant highlights will receive the coveted marks of distinction. The expert jury will assess the innovations on the day before the fair. On January 23, the winners will be announced during the opening ceremony. Furthermore, the visitors will once again be able to cast their votes for their favourites amongst the exhibited innovations. Registrations will be possible until December 12, 2017 via the IPM Essen website: www.ipm-essen.de.
The story behind the plant
Plants with significant values added and extraordinary stories will be distinguished by the Show Your Colours Award. Every IPM Essen exhibitor will still be able to submit a plant and its story until December 22, 2017.
During the period of the fair, the nominated plants will be exhibited in Hall 12. In addition to an expert jury, the visitors to the fair will be invited to cast their votes. Moreover, votes can be cast in advance online. The presentation ceremony will take place in Hall 12 on Thursday, January 25, 2018. The Show Your Colours Award 2018 is being made possible by Bizz Communications and Messe Essen.
INDEGA IPM Innovation Award
The invitation to take part in the international INDEGA IPM Innovation Award 2018 is concentrating on new products or technical innovations. This year, the award will focus, in particular, on the future subjects of digitalisation and automation. All the exhibitors at IPM ESSEN from the fields of horticultural technology, fertilisers and substrates will still be able to register their new products until December 21. The winner will be announced during the opening ceremony on the first day of the fair.
The registration documents can be found on the websites of IPM ESSEN (www.ipm-essen.de) and the Representation of interests of the German horticulture industry - INDEGA (www.indega.de). All the exhibitors at IPM ESSEN who are located in the Technology area and are showing their products at a fair in Germany for the first time are entitled to participate. The products must offer economic and ecological benefits, be marketable and be shown at the fair.
Cool Flowers for Cool People
Millennials are discovering the world of flowers and plants for themselves. In the social media, the young urban protagonists are showing to their public new flowery trends, innovative flower presentations and many stories relating to all aspects of house plants, too. Therefore, effective presentations for this target group are to be presented in the IPM Fair Cup 2018 with the subject of "Cool Flowers for Cool People".
Attention will centre on the spectrum of the achievements in floristry and gardening - combined with a large portion of creativity. The workpieces which implement the subject best of all with free designing will be honoured in the "Bouquet", "Decorative Pot Plant" and "Tub Planting" categories. No matter whether gardeners or florists - the participants in the competition will be given the chance to present their abilities and workpieces in Hall 1A at IPM ESSEN. Particularly for the up-and-coming generation, it will be worthwhile to enter the competition. Because the jury will also distinguish the best trainees in every category. Moreover, the multiple starter with the best points score in the combined competition will receive the coveted IPM Fair Cup.
The IPM Fair Cup is being jointly organised by the Trade Association of German Florists - North Rhine-Westphalia State Association (FDF NRW) and the Federal Association of Retail Gardeners (BVE) in the Central Horticultural Association and will be staged together with Messe Essen. The participation documents can be retrieved from www.bundesverband-einzelhandelsgaertner.de or www.floristik-nrw.de. Registration will be possible until January 11, 2018.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 US: Florists in all 50 states plan to Petal It Forward on Oct. 24
- 10/22/2018 Photo report: Floral exhibitors at PMA Fresh Summit 2018
- 10/22/2018 Carlos Oramas named PMA’s 2018 Floral Marketer of the Year
- 10/22/2018 China: Flower business blooms on Elder's Day
- 10/22/2018 Nutrient management study tour in Belgium
- 10/19/2018 Photos: Wholesale Florists & Florist Supplier Association (WF&FSA)
- 10/19/2018 Organisers of HortEx Vietnam concluded 3 kick off meetings for coming 2019 edition
- 10/19/2018 US (FL): Flowers shine at PMA's new Floral Marketplace
- 10/18/2018 UK: Roses for a Royal Wedding
- 10/18/2018 NL: Students get to know horticulture on mopeds
- 10/17/2018 US (IL): Heimos hosts 11th Annual Poinsettia Trial and Open House
- 10/17/2018 France: Dates announced for Salon du Végétal 2019
- 10/17/2018 A royal afternoon for HortiDaily and FloralDaily
- 10/16/2018 Australia: Pest Management, Plant Health & Market Access BioSecure HACCP Information Forums
- 10/16/2018 UK: Alternative growing media for the production of ornamental crops
- 10/16/2018 National broadcasters eagerly promote horticultural potential Zimbabwe
- 10/15/2018 "AHC 2020 & Horti ASIA 2020 bridge science and commerce"
- 10/15/2018 Australia: Tree Stock to feature at ‘Three Days of Trees’ in Melbourne
- 10/15/2018 See how poinsettia varieties perform in real world greenhouse conditions
- 10/15/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe in photos