- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- US: Greenhouse atop SEH accommodates unorthodox student experiments
- US: Shirley Lyons named 2018 Tom Butler "Floral Retailer of the Year"
- CAN (ON): Cannabis company to use new greenhouse for potted mums instead
- Alexandra Farms Garden Rose Design Contest winners announced
- Bamboo and rattan genomes sequenced
Top 5 -last week
- Australia: Levy projects improving industry protection from pests and disease
- Australia: Tree Stock to feature at ‘Three Days of Trees’ in Melbourne
- UK: Wyevale Garden Centres agrees sale of five of its largest garden centres to Dobbies Garden Centres
- US: Commercial launch of new botanical fungicide
- Ball Seed reaps awards at North American trials
IPM Essen aims to attract visitors with supporting programme
On Tuesday, January 23, two evening events will be on the agenda: The Central Horticultural Association (ZVG) will invite visitors to the German Flowers Night. Here, importers will encounter exporters in order to bring German horticultural products together with the European market. In the same evening, the International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH) will present the International Grower of the Year Awards. Ornamental plant breeders from throughout the world will compete against each other in the contest for the coveted golden rose.
Sporty: Future Congress Entitled Horticulture and Landscaping Outlooks
For the second time, Messe Essen will be the venue for the future congress entitled "Horticulture and Landscaping Outlooks". The North Rhine-Westphalia Association for Horticulture, Landscaping and Sports Field Construction will invite visitors to this event on January 24 under the title of "Health as a Success Factor". Prof. Dr. Ingo Froböse, sports scientist and health expert, will be a speaker.
Information Event for Local Authorities
Under the title of "Biological Diversity in the Private and Public Green Areas of Local Authorities", IPM Essen 2018 will once more offer an information event for nursery gardeners, landscape gardeners and decision takers from local authorities in cooperation with the Federation of German Nurseries (BdB) and The Green City foundation. The event with three short lectures and a discussion will take place in the Berlin Hall in the West Congress Centre from 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 noon on the Wednesday of the fair (January 24, 2018).
"I Love Green - Training Day"
Together with Messe Essen, the "green associations" will continue their activities in the canvassing of young people for the occupations at IPM Essen in 2018, too. On Wednesday, January 24, "I Love Green - Training Day" will again be the motto in the South Congress Centre from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. In the Deutschland Hall, pupils from Classes 8, 9 and 10 at mainstream schools will be provided with extensive information about the gardener and florist occupations.
Time for Networking: European Nursery Reception
The European Nurserystock Association (ENA) and the Federation of German Nurseries (BdB) will invite visitors to the European Nursery Reception on the BdB booth in Hall 11 at 5.30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 24. Nursery gardeners from all over the world will be given the possibilities of networking and exchanging ideas amongst colleagues in a relaxed atmosphere.
International Horticulture Forum with Denmark as the Partner Country
In 2018, the International Horticulture Forum will deal with the chances and challenges in Danish horticulture. A series of lectures with high-ranking speakers from Denmark and Germany will be offered in cooperation with the Representation of interests of the German horticulture industry (INDEGA) and the Ulmer Publishing House. It will all start in the Berlin Hall in the West Congress Centre at 2.00 p.m. on January 25.
A Look at Topical Trend Subjects: Lectures in the Speakers' Corner
The Speakers' Corner organised by hortivation in Hall 13 will be the central information and communication platform in the middle of the happenings at the fair. Here, decision takers from the green retail trade will learn how topical trends can be used for promoting the sales of green products. Exhibiting companies and external experts will illustrate innovative sales concepts in keynote lectures, best-practice examples and workshops taking place several times every day. The Thursday of the fair (January 25) will be totally characterised by the subject of fruit and vegetables.
Green Careers Wall
At IPM Essen, anybody looking for a new job or new employees will be supported with the "Green Careers" job exchange. Visitors and exhibitors will be able to place job requests and offers on a wall in the foyer of the Grugahalle free of charge.
Perspectives for Young Managers
In the "Occupation + Future" forum, experts will introduce occupational fields and qualification possibilities in horticulture in short lectures. Furthermore, the forum will promote contacts between qualified jobseekers and companies. In particular, it will address graduates from green vocational colleges and universities as well as young qualified people from horticulture. The event will take place in Room A in the East Congress Centre from 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 noon on Thursday, January 25, 2018.
Teaching Show Places Its Faith in the Future Subject of Digitalisation
On all the days of IPM Essen, the teaching show on the booth of the Horticultural Info Centre in Hall 1A will display innovative and pioneering developments for the advancing digitalisation of horticulture from the fields of monitoring, autonomous machine technology, training and business management. From the trainee to the operations manager, the various projects will invite everybody who would like to obtain information about the digital world of the modern gardener on an interactive playing field.
Live Floristry par excellence
In the FDF World in Hall 1A, the Trade Association of German Florists - Federal Association (FDF) will present varied live shows with floral designers from throughout the world every day. The highlights will include the World Cup Shows. Alex Choi from Korea, the reigning World Champion of Florists, and Stein Are Hansen from Norway, the World Champion of Florists in 2010, will appear together in a first-rate floristry show on the Wednesday and the Thursday.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 US: Florists in all 50 states plan to Petal It Forward on Oct. 24
- 10/22/2018 Photo report: Floral exhibitors at PMA Fresh Summit 2018
- 10/22/2018 Carlos Oramas named PMA’s 2018 Floral Marketer of the Year
- 10/22/2018 China: Flower business blooms on Elder's Day
- 10/22/2018 Nutrient management study tour in Belgium
- 10/19/2018 Photos: Wholesale Florists & Florist Supplier Association (WF&FSA)
- 10/19/2018 Organisers of HortEx Vietnam concluded 3 kick off meetings for coming 2019 edition
- 10/19/2018 US (FL): Flowers shine at PMA's new Floral Marketplace
- 10/18/2018 UK: Roses for a Royal Wedding
- 10/18/2018 NL: Students get to know horticulture on mopeds
- 10/17/2018 US (IL): Heimos hosts 11th Annual Poinsettia Trial and Open House
- 10/17/2018 France: Dates announced for Salon du Végétal 2019
- 10/17/2018 A royal afternoon for HortiDaily and FloralDaily
- 10/16/2018 Australia: Pest Management, Plant Health & Market Access BioSecure HACCP Information Forums
- 10/16/2018 UK: Alternative growing media for the production of ornamental crops
- 10/16/2018 National broadcasters eagerly promote horticultural potential Zimbabwe
- 10/15/2018 "AHC 2020 & Horti ASIA 2020 bridge science and commerce"
- 10/15/2018 Australia: Tree Stock to feature at ‘Three Days of Trees’ in Melbourne
- 10/15/2018 See how poinsettia varieties perform in real world greenhouse conditions
- 10/15/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe in photos