- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Ball opens 18-hectare production facility in Australia
On Dec. 1st 2017, the purpose designed greenhouse, production facility and offices at the new Skye site, was opened by Anna Ball, CEO of Ball Horticultural Co. Chicago USA.
To mark the occasion, Anna planted a ceremonial Ginko Biloba tree reflecting ‘Longevity’ for several key reasons; as a business commitment to the Australian Horticultural industry and to the staff at Ball Australia who have supported the business over many years.
Other guests in attendance were Jan Patranella; Senior Director at Ball Chicago and Rick Mast; Sales Manager at Ball Floraplant.
The new production nursery boasts 32,000m2 of growing capacity on 18 hectares of land and is a Van der Hoeven structure.
The nursery and offices were built by Builtwise, designed by John Trakios Architects with Powerplants Australia as project managers.
The double skin plastic roofing, hot water heating pipes, smart phone or local control boom watering, 3 germination chambers and 2 megalitres of water storage collected from the roofs, gives Ball Australia the capacity to produce 90 million plus plugs per annum. Plus the Priva climate control system that manages shade, heating, venting and fertigation, puts in place the right tools of the trade for Ball Australia to supply the Australian market quality flower and vegetable young plants.
The visit for Anna Ball and other international industry guests is timely as Ball Australia is hosting its ‘Grower Trials’ which are held each year for wholesale plant growers in the industry.
Ball Australia showcases a vast range of new, experimental and existing lines and this year’s event gives the business a chance to present ‘new beginnings’ with the greenhouse facility and the purpose designed landscape garden area for customers to wander through and review the plants available.
For more information:
+61 3 9798 5355
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 TR: Van der Knaap reopens Antalya Substrat
- 10/22/2018 FreshPlaza launches French edition
- 10/22/2018 Mike Allan takes the helm for North American business at Certis USA as Tim Damico retires
- 10/22/2018 US: Bailey Nurseries to acquire Carlton Plants
- 10/19/2018 US: Sugarmade acquires hydroponics supplier Sky Unlimited
- 10/19/2018 NL: Alkemade extends product range with assortment from South African growers Zuluflora and Arnelia
- 10/18/2018 ClockOnline will start the clock on October
- 10/18/2018 Denmark: Desch Plantpak acquired Sky-Light's horticulture activities
- 10/17/2018 Toni Bucci joins AgBiome Innovations team
- 10/17/2018 Joris Elstgeest leaves Royal FloraHolland Supervisory Board
- 10/16/2018 US (KY): EHR promotes Charlie Standish to Nursery Department Manager
- 10/16/2018 US: AFE appoints new Chairman and Trustees
- 10/16/2018 Gems Group and Jardines de los Andes form equity partnership
- 10/15/2018 Wafex expands South American operations
- 10/15/2018 Hatenboer-Water appoints two new managers
- 10/12/2018 Horti Experience 2018 focuses on international knowledge transfer
- 10/12/2018 Austria: Kwizda Agro and SBM Life Science enter into strategic partnership
- 10/11/2018 Certified American Grown Leadership invited to White House Economic Summit
- 10/11/2018 Australia: Bryony Hackett appointed General Manager at AIS Greenworks
- 10/11/2018 Australia: Hort Innovation Board candidates announced