- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- US (FL): Tecogen adds new service center to support growing fleet in Southeast
- US: Plant scientists call for renewed focus on empowerment of trainees
- UK: 1.7 acre nursery for sale in Surrey
- "Picking our favorite new annuals is like picking a favourite kid"
- Russia's self-sufficiency drive expands ornamental farms
Top 5 -last week
- Super Purple Sinuatum Limonium wins golden medal
- UK: Alternative growing media for the production of ornamental crops
- UK: Wyevale Garden Centres agrees sale of five of its largest garden centres to Dobbies Garden Centres
- Greenhouse complex Novosibirsky will grow roses
- US (KY): EHR promotes Charlie Standish to Nursery Department Manager
Dutch PM Mark Rutte visits Ghanaian branch MDK Flowers & Greens
Marcel Duijvestein and the Prime Minister have known each other for a while: last year June, Rutte visited a MDK nursery in the Netherlands. At that time, the gentlemen discussed the difficulties encountered by the entrepreneur to bring employees from Ghana to the Netherlands for training.
Duijvestein is said to be the only Dutch floriculture company with a branch in Ghana. The country lacks the development of Kenya and Ethiopia and the tropical climate poses challenges, but in their own words these challenges are well under control now.
The meeting with Macron and the Ghanaian president Nana Akufo-Addo was mainly about the migration issue and the creation of employment opportunities. With this in mind, a visit to the grower offers the opportunity to see what a Dutch entrepreneur in the country has to contend with. Earlier this week, on Tuesday, the Minister of Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation Sigrid Kaag also paid a visit to get informed.
MDK Flowers & Green is located 50 kilometers from the capital Accra. Eleven years ago the grower started a company there, which now covers 26 hectares and where cut flowers, decorative green and also starting material are cultivated. The plants are transported to the Netherlands with a daily scheduled flight.
Click here for more information about MDK Flowers & Green in Ghana.
More information about the activities that the Dutch government is developing in Ghana can be found here.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 US: Florists in all 50 states plan to Petal It Forward on Oct. 24
- 10/22/2018 Photo report: Floral exhibitors at PMA Fresh Summit 2018
- 10/22/2018 Carlos Oramas named PMA’s 2018 Floral Marketer of the Year
- 10/22/2018 China: Flower business blooms on Elder's Day
- 10/22/2018 Nutrient management study tour in Belgium
- 10/19/2018 Photos: Wholesale Florists & Florist Supplier Association (WF&FSA)
- 10/19/2018 Organisers of HortEx Vietnam concluded 3 kick off meetings for coming 2019 edition
- 10/19/2018 US (FL): Flowers shine at PMA's new Floral Marketplace
- 10/18/2018 UK: Roses for a Royal Wedding
- 10/18/2018 NL: Students get to know horticulture on mopeds
- 10/17/2018 US (IL): Heimos hosts 11th Annual Poinsettia Trial and Open House
- 10/17/2018 France: Dates announced for Salon du Végétal 2019
- 10/17/2018 A royal afternoon for HortiDaily and FloralDaily
- 10/16/2018 Australia: Pest Management, Plant Health & Market Access BioSecure HACCP Information Forums
- 10/16/2018 UK: Alternative growing media for the production of ornamental crops
- 10/16/2018 National broadcasters eagerly promote horticultural potential Zimbabwe
- 10/15/2018 "AHC 2020 & Horti ASIA 2020 bridge science and commerce"
- 10/15/2018 Australia: Tree Stock to feature at ‘Three Days of Trees’ in Melbourne
- 10/15/2018 See how poinsettia varieties perform in real world greenhouse conditions
- 10/15/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe in photos